•Prologue•

An explosion.

And everything went up in the air, taking my father and almost all those people who wanted my death.

He sacrificed himself so my mother and I could escape unharmed, but when he did we were still too close to the cottage that is now just ash and destruction.

I didn't feel as big of an impact as I thought I would, I opened my eyes to see that my mom had covered me up and pretty much took the whole blow for me.

"Mom, Mom, are you okay?"  I hug her unable to hold the tears in my eyes, they flow frantically, in tune with all the pain my body felt.

"Yes my love, I'm fine" she replies in a thin voice, huffing and sitting up to try to recover.

I tried to conjure any kind of spark out of me, anything, but it wasn't working.  I still had that damn bracelet that blocked my powers. I couldn't heal it.

"Calm down alright, it's going to be alright, let's get out of here and I'll take you to a hospital" I stutter trying to calm her down but I was more nervous.

"It's my fault" I whimper as my thoughts go to my father.

"No my love, he chose this, he just wanted you to be safe even if it meant having to die" She cries holding my face. That day was hell.

My fault. All mine...

"Let's get out of here, okay?"  She says softly trying to walk and I help her.

But she takes two steps and starts to weaken, and I catch her.

Leaning it against a rubble.

"Are you okay, Mom?" I ask in anguish.

“Yes I am, I just need to catch my breath” she says breathlessly.

"Ok I hope you recover and we go home or to a hospital and then we have a sleepover" I said crying seeing how weak she was and me being useless for not being able to help her.

"Yeah, you're fine, I'm here," I say.

"What there was?" She asks.

"There was nothing, it's okay, just the two of us" I grumble.

"Catch your breath" she says softly.

And I tidy her up a little and touch something liquid that oozes from her waist.  Blood.

I look at her noticing her body is still.  She didn't move, nothing.

"Mom...mother...wake up please...what are you doing?...don't do this to me...look at me..." I scream sobbing.

Anguish begins to take over my body.  Emotions rising, my powers taking over, even with that damn bracelet.

So I started to hear chants.

The witches left wanting to finish their work... Kill me.

"Please leave me alone" I beg.

Mommy.
Daddy.
I was alone.

"Sorry mom, dad, I never wanted that".

Anger.Sadness.Pain.Revenge.

Everything inside me was expanding. I couldn't take it, so I exploded. I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Destroying everything, including the witches

Destroying everything, including the witches.  They were dead.

And along with their deaths, I activated my curse.