CHAPTER THRITY-FIVE: THE REUNION

(Told in perspective of Matthew)

"Is that who I think it is?" I looked at Brutus, rubbing the back of his neck, awkwardly laughing.

"Matt?" Pandal jumped out of the vehicle and stood in front of me. And I bet I'm not the only one who thinks he looks absolutely ridiculous. (His face looks like he rubbed mud all over it!)

"You have a lot of nerve showing up here today." I scowled.

"Look, I know I made a mistake, but..."

"Save it for prison buddy." I looked away, towards my team. All their faces were really hard to read, Danny was looking down at the ground, avoiding eye contact with anyone, Andrometa just sat there, in shock, and Draco, well he had no idea what was going on.

"Who the heck's that guy?" Draco seemed genuinely confused.

"The guy you replaced." I told him emotionlessly.

"Harsh." I heard someone cough in the background. I rolled my eyes and rubbed my forehead.

"Ohhh... you know this is really awkward." Draco commented.

"WE KNOW." Our entire team said in unison. I looked back at Pandal angrily.

"Matthew... I..." He started, I scowled and turned away again, storming off to a bench on the far side of the road.

(Told in perspective of Pandal)

"It's alright kid," Brutus put his hand on my shoulder, reassuring me, "you can't expect them to warm up to you right away, right Draco?" My replacement rolled his eyes and seemed to mutter something under his breathe. "But we all have a similar goal in mind, to rescue Cassandra!"

"Oh you mean your date?" I looked at Brutus who's eyes widened and slowly turned to look at Draco.

"Surprise?" He gave an awkward laugh and put up some really bad jazz hands.

"Why you little..." He lunged at Brutus and was held back by Danny. He kept trying to get out of her hold but, knowing Danny, he had no chance.

"Kid, let's keep the dating thing under wraps, OK?" Brutus said, almost threatening me. I laughed awkwardly and scratched my head.

"Sorry." I whispered. He shook his head and patted me on the back.

I saw Andrometa start to walk up to me, she seemed to have put all her confusion aside. "Pandal?" I looked at her and her face started to turn red with anger.

"What?" I was confused. I suddenly felt a sharp pain shoot up the left side of my face and saw Andrometa shaking her now red hand. "Did you just?"

"And that was for betraying us. Oh man that hurt." She continued to shake her hand. "But it was worth it." She gave an evil looking smile and walked over to the bench and sat next to Matthew. I guess I deserved that.

The rest of the team, including Draco followed. (Even though he had no idea what was going on) But arguments aside, it was odd how Matthew and Andrometa weren't torturing each other at every given moment. It seemed like something had changed between them. But I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was. I started to walk over to them, "apology time!" I said to myself sarcastically. All eyes were directed to me, it was either I earned their trust now or I would be stuck in this town, deserted, forever.
TO BE CONTINUED