CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR: SINKING FEELING

(Told In perspective of Pandal)

I paced back and forth in my room, staring at my watch, and then the clock. What was taking him so long? He should have been back by now. I knew he was going out with Cassandra, and I wasn't judging him for that, love is love. But the fact that he was due back by over an hour ago gave me a certain sinking feeling, something compelled me to leave Luna headquarters, to find my old team. It had been there since day one, but I had ignored it, blocked it out, just assuming it would go away. But it never did. I sat on my bed, rubbing my forehead, what was I supposed to do? Get a search party together resulting overall in getting the only man who has been my friend here in trouble? Was I supposed to go it alone, risking getting myself in trouble? Or was I just supposed to leave him out there, trusting he would come back soon.

"Argggggggh!" I yelled in frustration. I couldn't leave him out there, but at the same time, I couldn't get him in trouble, it was up to me. I grabbed 5 smoke bombs, 2 tasers, 3 small knifes, and a package of gummy bears. (Because who could live without them?!) I took out my weapons belt, painted four black streaks on my face (because it looked cool) put on my bulletproof vest, and put on all my gear. I was determined to save my friend, and no amount of fear could keep that from me. I ripped out a roll of duck tape and hung it on my weapon belt (because duck tape is always useful) I stormed out the door, almost ripping it off the hinges, then I ran down the hallway, stopping for a moment to stare at the very door that I had first stepped through here.

"If this is a mistake, you can handle it." I reassured myself, I ran to the garage and ripped open the key box and took out a keychain. I clicked the unlock button and a car in the further back beeped. I ran towards it and hopped in to the drivers seat, then I realized something, I had no idea how to drive.

I stared at that steering wheel for a good two minutes, it was such a simple thing, that seemed to feel like a mountain. I didn't know what to do, but I couldn't just leave my friend out there, I had to rescue him. I shook off any feelings of fear and put the key into the car,

"How hard can it be?" I started the engine, and narrowly scraped against another car, I took a deep breathe and stepped on the gas, propelling the car forward into the night. I saw someone out of the side mirror, in her pjs and lifting her fists up in anger, I was definitely kicked out of the Lunas, but hey, at least I was going to save Brutus. The speed dial read 85 and I reminded myself that the base was long gone by now. I loosened my push on the pedal and the car slowed down to a 60. I noticed I was holding my breathe which caused me to take a deep exhale. I looked down at my phone at the red dot, I knew the find your phone app wasn't exactly the most technological way to find someone, but it definitely was effective, I drove past a "Glacier Hills" sign and ended up in a small empty town, quiet and restful, but I knew something had to be wrong, and Brutus had to be here somewhere.

"Arrived." My phone beeped, but before I could stop fully, a man came in view right in front of the car and the car collided with him. My eyes widened and I rolled down the window,

"I am so sorry!" I looked at the man and realized it was Brutus.

"Nice driving kid." He said sarcastically and out of breathe. I rolled my eyes but suddenly noticed a few more figures moving behind him.
TO BE CONTINUED