CHAPTER ONE: FRIENDSHIP

(In perspective of Matthew Crustello):

The morning sky glistened and gleamed with the bright sun rising above the mountains of the earth, smiling down on the humans, strong and proud, as much so as it blinded whomever looked at it. And on the other side of the sky, the moon, which had a much more cool and relaxing brightness to his personality. These two revolved around our little mountain range which hid our quaint little town. For as long as I can remember, the sun and the moon would chase each other around the sky, though everyone knows that they would never succeed in catching each other, it was still quite amusing to watch. One morning, the sun came so close to the moon that they were almost touching, I couldn't believe this, in all my years. Were the sun and moon actually going to collide? What was going to happen? Would anything affect their village? I started breathing shallower, my controlled breathes were now more like a huffing and a puffing. As I watched the two cross paths, it was beautiful, astonishing, breathtaking. And that was about the only peaceful moment we had for years to come, that is after this crossing, the sun and moon were no longer friends, they were mortal enemies. TO BE CONTINUED...