CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN: WE MEET AGAIN

(In perspective of Cassandra):

I tiptoed out of camp, just hoping I wouldn't make a sound. Crustello s team had just fallen asleep and I knew the amount of supplies we had gotten before wasn't enough to last us. I knew I needed to go back to the store. I started jogging down the dirt road, determined to make it to town before the store closed. I kept running, and running, and running, but every time I took a step, I would see Brutus. Ahhh Brutus, I mentally slapped myself. Get ahold of yourself Cassandra! He's a Luna for heavens sake! I shook it off and continued running. Thats when the town came into view, FINALLY. I jogged over to the convenient store and a figure emerged from the shadows.

"I knew you didn't have enough supplies." it was Brutus, the very man I was just thinking about. I didn't know what I liked about him, all I knew was that I liked him. He smirked and walked over to me, towering over my body.

"What do you want? And don't forget, I know karate and could beat you in an instant." He stood closer to me now, hovering over me.

"I just wanted to... talk. Your a nice girl, I just wanted to get to know you better." He scratched behind his neck, then he looked down. Suddenly I leaned in and kissed him. He didn't pull back, but for some crazy reason, I did.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to... I shouldn't have." I stuttered.

"It's ok, I feel the same way," he smiled and leaned down again, and this time he kissed me.

Three hours later, I had picked up all my supplies and had gotten a new boyfriend. At least, a secretive boyfriend. He wasn't like the rest of the lunas, he didn't care which side he was on, only that he could care for the people that he loved, and care for his friends. We both agreed that we shouldn't tell anyone about our love, at least, not until this war was over, if it ever would be. I knew no one would approve of him so it was better that way. We said our goodbyes and I headed back to camp. We had set up our next date, if you would call it that, and this time, apparently, it would be at a restaurant. I smiled and started jogging out of town. This time, every stride I felt happier and happier, and every stride I would think of Brutus, and I wouldn't try and forget.
TO BE CONTINUED