CHAPTER SIXTEEN: CAUSE FOR CONCERN

(In perspective of Matthew Crustello):

"Crustello, I'm not quite sure you should be going on that trip, yes I did just give you hope of your parents still being alive but I'm just not sure that you should be going. I mean, your parents went on this trip and never returned, I can't even begin to think about the possibilities for you." Zana didn't like the idea of me taking that trip, but it just didn't make sense why. Yes I know she is trying to protect me but I'm pretty sure the pros outweigh the cons. Pros: My parents have a chance of being alive and I had a chance to save them, and I had a chance of ending the feud of the century and securing the future of Sadle-burgh. Cons: I may not come back. Ok well yeah I see why that could be a problem. But I just had to go, it was personal and I couldn't live my life regretting this moment. I had to convince Zana that I could do this.

"How about I take a team? You know what they say, safety in numbers, not to mention the buddy system." I tried to convince her.

"The number one problem with that is this is still top secret, and it would be sharing private information with other people. Otherwise I would say yes, the buddy system is very affective." she seemed very serious about the buddy system, it made me laugh a bit.

"How about my team? I'm 100% confident that they can be trusted." That's when suddenly I felt a pang in my chest, Pandal. He was part of my team and he had betrayed us, not exactly what I call trustworthy. I saw Zana's expression turn doubtful, and I could understand why.

"How about we test them?" I knew that it wouldn't convince her but it was worth a try.

"You can take a team..." Zana started to say.

"Wait really?!!!!!!" I was shocked, this was not happening!

"If..." Zana continued. And there's an if. I hoped her condition wasn't too crazy.
"If you let me choose one other person to accompany you on this trip." Meh, that wasn't too bad of a condition.

"Yeah, that would be fine." I told her.

"Alright good, I think that's all I wanted to discuss with you for now...." I nodded and started towards the door.

"Oh and one other thing before you leave Matt." I turned, I was kind of curious what she wanted to tell me.

"Your new team member just came in today from base two, you may need to get to know him before you go on your next mission." What? A new member for his team? And so soon after Pandal... this could take some getting used to.
TO BE CONTINUED