CHAPTER TEN: PANDAL

(In perspective of Pandal):

We were driving in a SUV that was torn and rusted from use. I sat in the back seat, staring out the window, almost regretting the betrayal of my team. It seemed like it was only yesterday when the Lunas offered me the opportunity to be a spy for a giant sum of money. Not to mention that the Luna's half of Sadle-burgh had the leading amount of technology and geniuses. (plus unlimited gummy bears) I should be the happiest kid alive right now but it just didn't seem right. Poor Danny would have to fend for herself when Andrometa and Matt continued to argue, but, I couldn't do anything for them anymore, it was time I moved on. I sighed as I watched the lines of trees continue on, all the way to Luna base. That was where I would be given my money, and my lab. Poor Matt, he must feel totally betrayed, after all, he often tried to cover up his feelings with humor, which is exactly what he was doing back in the room. And Andrometa; there goes her perfect record. I walked into Luna headquarters and was met by a massive lobby with marble ceilings and pillars lining the walls. And there, in the middle of the room, was a mahogany desk with a receptionist seated behind it. Her tag read "Mrs. Mallough"
"Hello what can I do for you today?" she asked cheerfully.
"Kids new, he needs an id and a lab number." Brutus responded, he had been really friendly to me ever since I had signed the document stating I was a Luna. He had had my back when my identity was almost blown and had even given me a personal tour of Luna headquarters. He was a nice guy, and despite all his brutality back in the room with my former colleagues, I knew he was just playing bad cop. The women typed some things into her computer and she took my picture. The computer responded with a bit of buzzing and a little laminated sheet of paper was printed. She clipped it on a lanyard and put it around my neck. And Brutus smiled at me.
"Welcome to the Lunas kid."
TO BE CONTINUED