CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: PURE CURIOUSITY

(In perspective of Pandal):

"Three negative ion displacers please." I looked at the inventory clerk, her face looked as if she wanted to ask why I needed it but, she handed it to me anyways. I gratefully took it and walked back to my lab, the Lunas had been kind enough to supply me with anything I needed, wether it was negative ion displacers or just lunch. But with all this chaos with the betrayal and all, it was hard to even think about tinkering, or lunch. My stomach grumbled every time I said lunch and I realized I hadn't eaten since the betrayal. "I'll pick lunch up after I drop my equipment off," I told myself. And with that I walked on, throughout the halls that I barely even knew, imagining I was still in media headquarters, the place I grew up. I neared my doorway when something peculiar caught my eye, a red folder, sticking out of the filing cabinet, right in the only place I was told I couldn't go. That's when I was compelled to move forward, to open the file up, to find out what was in it. I inched towards the door when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I quickly turned around and saw Commander Alberta. She looked almost disappointed in me but tried to muster a smile.

"That's the off limits zone sweety. You aren't authorized to go in there." She gently reminded me.

"Oh right, sorry," I tried to sound like I forgot but I found it hard to. I gave an apologetic smile and headed to my lab. But, as I was walking, I felt disappointed that I didn't go in. I peeked back at that door, that red file, like it was welcoming me in, like it needed to be read. "Hey, if Crustello can get away with it, so can I!" I thought to myself. I opened the door and shut it rather loudly and started tinkering with my equipment. To be honest, Crustello was terrible at keeping things secret, Andrometa gave more than enough hints, and to top that off I had seen it myself, I just decided to leave it be. I knew in the truck when Andrometa was torturing Crustello, I knew the entire time that he had gone into the off limits zone. So if someone as small minded as Crustello could get into an off limits zone, then why couldn't I? I knew there would be cameras everywhere, the question was, could I outsmart their technology? I started tinkering more. I needed a remote control, something with access to all the cameras in the building. I twisted around some wires and placed a cover over them. Then I added a button, and of course, it had to be red. I took my remote and creeped towards the doorway. Then I aimed my device towards a camera and pressed the button. The camera fell and the green light on the top of the camera had turned off. I creeped out into the hallway, making sure not to make any sounds, I slowly inched towards the door once again. I slowly opened the door knob and the door creaked open. I looked around, hoping no one had heard it, there was no one there. I tip toed into the room and looked for the red file, but it was no longer in the cabinet.

"Looking for this?" I turned around and saw Commander Alberta sitting in a chair, waving a red file in the air.
TO BE CONTINUED