CHAPTER THIRTY: GO TELL IT ON THE MOUNTAIN

(told in perspective of Danny):

"Here doth lies the exit of Sadleburgh, filled with perilous journeys and hardships, pass if you dare." Great, now we have to hike a mountain. I shuddered at the sight of this sign. I didn't know why we were doing this, I had no idea why we even wanted to leave the base. All I knew was Crustello was our team captain and I had no choice but to follow. Matthew Crustello stopped there, hands placed behind his head, a tired but determined look on his face. He sighed and looked towards us.

"Time to go on a hike." He tried to look happy but miserably failed at it.

A few hours later, we were gasping for breath, our faces as red as apples. We took sips of water almost every step.

"Are we there yetttttttt." I moaned. Crustello just rolled his eyes and kept walking. Ugh, I could see why Andrometa hated him so much. Lately though, not so much. I took my canteen and poured it over my head. I honestly hoped we were at the top of the mountain soon, for everyone's sake, because if this took much longer I would just freak out and destroy everyone. ESPECIALLY MATT. Draco not so much, he was new and I could cut him a bit of slack but otherwise...

"And we're here!" Crustello set up the tent in an old camping ground by the bottom of the mountain. We were almost to the next town but Crustello decided to rest. Good choice, considering I would have destroyed everyone before we got off the mountain. We all sat around the campfire and started telling stories.

"...yeah, Crustello, your aunt is a real kidder..." Everyone looked at Cassandra like she was crazy. Matt didn't have an aunt, he had no family left, no one except us.

"My aunt?" Crustello sounded flustered... "I don't have an aunt." He looked at Cassandra like she had just revealed that the war was over.

"Zana..." she looked at him. Well this was awkward.

"She's not my aunt."

"Yes she is, she told me herself."

"Wait, she told you and not me?" I heard a fight starting and I pulled the daggers out of my boots.

"Stop it, everyone stop! That's enough story telling for tonight." I broke up the fight which earned me a few glares, but if our team captains couldn't break up the fight then I would. We all went to sleep and I started thinking about the conversation earlier. Was Zana really Matt's aunt? I had assumed they were close but not, family close. And Matthew didn't even know about it? I was so confused but I had to force myself to get some rest. It would be a long day tomorrow. I fell asleep, telling myself I'd think about it tomorrow.