Chapter Thirty One: The Thing is...

Start from the beginning

"Don't worry," he says with a smile that lifts up the left side of his mouth. "I'll find you and make sure that you see it."

"Thank you, Taehyung," I say, smiling back at him. "I appreciate that."

"You can call me Tae, if you want," he says, still watching me. "Most people do."

"Tae," I say, trying it out, then I nod once. "I like it."

"Hey, both of our nicknames have three letters," he says, his smile growing brighter, and kind of turning his mouth into this adorable rectangle. I kind of remember reading something about him having a 'boxy smile' and now that I've seen it for myself, I've decided that it's fitting.

"Yep," I say. "Tae and Kit."

"Maybe that means that you're my soulmate," he says, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Because our nicknames have three letters?" I ask. "I think it takes more than that. Besides, I would never be that lucky, dude. My soulmate probably lives in a box under a bridge somewhere, and spends his time eating his own hair and preaching to a colony of ants about how the movie IT was really a prophetic piece of art about the second coming of Jesus."

Tae stops walking, and so do I, turning to look at him.

"What?" I ask.

"You think that your soulmate thinks that a movie about a killer clown is a divination for the second coming of the Son of God?" he asks.

When I shrugged, he doubled-over laughing.

"What?" I asked, giggling as I lightly pushing at his shoulder. "Stop laughing at me! It's the only explanation!"

"The only explanation for what?" he asks, looking at me.

"For how I got to be 35 without finding my soulmate," I tell him.

His eyes go wide. "Wait...you're 35-years-old?" He asks me as his eyes move over my face, then down to my toes, shaking his head. "There's no way."

"What? Who? Me?" I asked, pointing to myself. "I'm not 35? Who said that?" I turn away from him and go to follow the others.

Tae stops me with a hand. "Wait, wait. I'm sorry, I just didn't realize. You don't look that ol-..." He paused and shook his head, a cute blush creeping up his cheeks. "Sorry. I..Uhh..."

I giggled at him. "Tae, it's okay, really. I know that I'm old. But in my mind, I'm like 24 or 25, so I'm good."

"Yeah. 24 or 25, that's what age you look," he told me, then a frown covered his beautiful face. "I...I didn't mean to insult you."

"You didn't," I told him with a smile. "I promise."

"But I-"

"Tae," I said, touching his arm to get his attention. "It's really okay. I was the one who just blurted out my age. Chill out, dude. Please."

He took a deep breath, then gave me his cute, boxy smile as he nodded his head.

"Good," I said as I smiled back at him.

Did I mention that this man is gorgeous? I haven't seen his hair this way in the few pictures I saw when I was trying to at least learn the guys' names before I came, but today his hair is curly. Super curly, like ringlets. It sounds weird, but he makes it work. I'm pretty sure that he could pull any look off.

I should probably stop staring at his mouth, too, but I can't help it. He has these beautiful, full lips with the deepest cupid's bow I've ever seen. And then he has that smile, and it's just...not fair. Nobody should be this blessed.

From what I can tell, his personality wasn't half-bad, either.

I really wouldn't mind if the viewers of the show decided to set me up on a date or two with him.

"What?" He asks as he glances over at me. "Why are you looking at me like that."

"You're just...an interesting person, Tae," I tell him with a smile.

"Oh...Because I'm V from BTS?" he asks with a frown.

"No. Because you're Tae, the guy who was worried about being a third wheel, then argued with my friend's soulmate about how many wheels a car needs to operate, then thought that we were soulmates, because both of our nicknames have three letters, then freaked out over me thinking that he thought I was old." I said it all in one breath.

"I don't think that, just so that you know," he points out to me.

I shrug my shoulders at him. "It's okay if you do."

"So you don't think I'm interesting just because I'm in BTS?" he asks me.

"I mean...it's kinda cool, but have I asked you for concert tickets or anything?" I question him and he shakes his head. "Of course not, because that's not why."

"So you don't want to come to see me in concert?" he asks, poking out his bottom lip in an adorable pout.

"Oh my God, dude," I say with a giggle. "You can't have it both ways!"

"Why not?"

"Look....just know that you being V from BTS has nothing to do with why I like you," I tell him, then I realize what I just said and I blush. "Not like you-like you. Just in general. As a person."

"You don't like me-like me?"

"Come on, Tae," I say on a groan. "Stop looking at me like that with those gorgeous eyes of yours."

"Having a hard time resisting me?" He asks with an eyebrow wiggle and a smirk.

"It's possible, but you're too young for me."

"The age difference bothers you that much?" He asks me, cocking his head to the side.

"Doesn't it bother you?" I asked him. "I mean, it's nine years, dude." 

He sucked in his bottom lip and looked up towards the sky. He looked like he was really thinking about it.

"If you have to think that hard, then it obviously does, Tae," I told him, looking down at my feet.

"It's not that, I was just trying to think of how to explain this without seeming...weird," he says, his voice quiet like he thinks we're being spied on or something.

"Tell me what?"

"Do you know about Korean Honorifics?" He asked me.

"Yeah...kind of," I said, remembering some of the stuff that I had read, and the things my friends had told me. "There's certain titles of respect that you use for people, based on age and stuff, right?. Or also...Like how girls like to call a guy 'oppa' or something like that?"

"Something exactly like that last part," he says, blushing a little.

"I need more words, dude," I say, my eyes watching his handsome face.

"Well...Kit, the thing is...I've kind of always had a Noona kink." 

*********************************

A/N: I had another chapter swimming around in the dark void that is my brain. So here you go. -------Kat

 -------Kat