Chapter 35

Whilst walking straight to the graveyard, Miranda's grip on you slowly became less suffocating, and you were psyching yourself up for what you were about to do - but despite everything, you had a strange desire to help this woman. You didn't have any children, so you couldn't imagine the pain she went through when she lost her daughter. She set you down in front of a polished gravestone that read:
Eva
June 1909 - August 1919
May you slumber for only a short while
You could feel Miranda's pain through that message. Your fingers grazed the headstone softly as you gathered all your strength, Miranda quietly observed, more curious than anything, as your golden aura appeared around you in a matter of moments.
"Y/N, wait!"
Not letting your concentration falter as you heard Heisenberg's voice, you turned around and watched as he approached with the other Lords and Rose.
Dimitrescu set him down and he bounded over to you, it was a sight you've never yet seen - Heisenberg tripping over his own feet to get to you - and this warmed your heart, you smiled softly as he grabbed your forearms.
"Y/N, tell me... w-what are you gonna do, huh? Surely... bringing her back to life will-"
"Yes" you stroked his stubbled cheek as his breathing faltered at your response "I have the power of resurgence, but the longer the victim has been dead, the more it will take a toll on my own health".
"Y/N... are you sure you want to go through with this? Who knows what will become of you!" Dimitrescu bent down to you with a sad look on her face, Heisenberg shook you slightly to get your attention again.
"You really think Miranda will value what you do here?! She's killed countless people to bring her kid back! What if you never recover..."
You settled him again, wiping a stray tear that fell down his cheek, he took his glasses off and looked you dead in the eyes.
"Everything will be well again, you'll see".
Donna appeared holding Rose and Angie, and Moreau stumbled in front of you too, they said nothing but bowed their heads slightly in respect to you. You did the same and kissed Rose on the forehead before walking back towards the grave.