Chapter 32

PING!
You forced the rusty doors to open faster and ran towards the bedroom, you grasped the door handle and turned it, hearing muffled groans of pain and the sound of a baby crying coming from within. Was that Rose?! Is everything okay?!
The door finally opened after fiddling about and you slammed it against the wall.
"Rose!"
Heisenberg groaned in recognition that you were there, he was lying face down on the floor, beaten and surrounded in his own blood, and there was Rose on the floor in front of him... And she was alive! You immediately bent down.
"Rose! Oh Rose" despite your strong emotions, you gently scooped her up and kissed her little nose and cheeks, tears running down your face "thank goodness you're okay! You have no idea what I've been through looking for you! Oh don't cry..."
You hugged her close to your chest and nuzzled her to stop the tears but even you yourself couldn't stop. This was who you had been hoping to find the entire time you stayed in this cursed village - your reason to go on - your baby sister.
"Y/N... you're... okay..."
You turned to Heisenberg who shakily reached out and placed his bloodied hand on your thigh, you were still quite upset with him after what happened but you let your inhibitions go and instinctively held his hand with your own.
"Karl..."
"Go..." he uttered out "she'll... be back soon... and then I'll be..."
"No" you put Rose down onto the bed and moved closer to him, holding him in your arms "I'm not leaving you... Karl, how did you fix Rose just like that? And why? After all I said to you..."
"Oh hell if I know..." He choked out and you held him closer to you "that crazy bitch is coming back soon, Y/N... take Rose and-"
"Okay, but... Why did you stop the production of the factory?"
"..." he went silent for a moment, but you pressed him further, cupping the back of his head.
"What happened to your grand plan to finally be free of Miranda? You said you needed more power and I ran away..."
"Ugh..." he groaned loudly in an attempt to shut you up "listen... it's because... I-! Argh... You're gonna make me say it, aren't you?"
"..."
"Because... I love you, damnit! Now heal me up before she comes for you!"
As soon as the words left his lips your heart skipped and you laughed in tears of relief at his confession despite the pain he was in, you then pulled him upwards into a firm kiss. You loved him. You loved him so much. You couldn't see past his actions before but he was willing to stop his livelihood and his plans all for you. You kissed him over and over again until your golden aura seeped into him yet again.
"... that's better" he stood up after a brief moment, back to his normal self, and helped you up too. You knew the situation was dire but you couldn't help but smile lovingly at him. His hard expression relaxed as soon as he noticed and he tucked a piece of hair behind your ear, Rose was silently sleeping and all was blissful. That was until-
BANG
"?!"
BANG
"Rose?!"
"Get behind me, now!"
BANG!
"Aah!" You shielded your eyes as pieces of debris from the floor flew everywhere, dust filled the air but you stayed put behind Heisenberg, holding Rose who was now crying, and then the ungodly woman's voice spoke out.
"There you are!"