Chapter 30

"NO!"
You didn't listen. The truck door swang open and you tumbled heavily out of the vehicle before Chris could grab you. The cold air immediately hit you, and you didn't have the best landing; it was on a rather jagged road covered in thick ice and rocks that grazed your skin. But after all - desperate times call for desperate measures!
Scrambling to stand up as quickly as you could, you checked your surroundings to try and figure out how you could reach the village again. But the landscape was so similar that you could've been anywhere. Well, you certainly wasn't about to give up, so you started heading in the opposite direction of the truck, down the rickety road as quickly as possible.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
After a while of jogging/speed-walking down the track, you could finally see Castle Dimitrescu in the background, and excitedly ran straight down towards the Duke who was in his usual spot in the courtyard. Your legs were aching from the travel, but you didn't let it stop you and pushed through the pain, until finally you skidded to a halt and attempted to gain your stamina back.
"Woah, steady on there, Y/N" the Duke said as soon as you stopped in front of him "what has you so roused?"
"Duke!" You puffed out "is there any news on the ceremony? What's the time?"
"Why, it's just past noon".
"It should've started by now!" You looked around frantically, searching for any sign of hope "please, have you heard anything?!"
The Duke gave you a stern look which was unusual compared to how his jolly self behaved, he must have realised how desperate you were feeling.
"I don't know much about what has happened so far, but... Mother Miranda is not very happy with your actions, it would be unwise to return here".
The Duke warned you but you had to come back. Your eyes drooped in determination as you quickly thought about your next move.
"But I suppose you left your heart behind in the village, hm?"
"My heart?..." you pondered at what he meant by that comment "my heart is with... Rose... and I have to be the one to rescue her!"
"If that is what you believe, then it must be so" the Duke replied "now if I were you, I would head towards North of the village to the ceremony site in the mountains... there you may find some answers to her condition".
"Thank you" you were just about to take off running when-
"And Y/N?"
"Y-yes?"
"Do be well".
You smiled at him in gratitude for all the help he had given you throughout your time spent in the village, he really was your only true ally in this place - a diamond in the rough - and you owed him an awful lot.
"I will be".
And with that, you took off in search for your baby sister.