Part-22

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Karan sat down with his dinner box on the couch of the living room after changing. Teja was not yet there. He rolled his eyes in irritation. This girl takes forever to change. He was hungry.

His reverie was broken as he heard Rashami's voice.

"That was the first time you met right?in LVG?"

He nodded with a soft chuckle.

"But as far as I remember she didn't even talk to you properly.... Then how come you got along and then fell in love?"

"Long story...." He chuckled with a blush.

"The night is also long Beera....let it be a sane story night and we all can forget competition for a while...." Nishant sat down on the couch.

Karan looked up to see Pratik also sit beside Nishant. Almost everyone was there with their dinner except Teja. Great.

"After that shoot I met her in my friend's engagement.... He is basically my neighbour here and in punjab as well.... We are very close.... And he was getting engaged to Teja's best friend from school...."

"And you became friends?" Umar asked him.

"No....not really.... I mean yes we spoke that day and had dinner together but we actually got along on a new year party that my friend hosted.... I was terrible that day.... Emotionally.... And she just spoke to me and effortlessly made me fine...." He said with a soft smile remembering that day.

"After that things were organic....she left for the states to meet Pra....Pra as in her brother....and we spoke everyday....she became my best friend....she did things for me which nobody did before....she was on a trip....she was busy and moreover there was a timezone difference....yet she never missed asking how was my day....she made sure she gave a part of her day to me....only to me....asking me about myself....my day....my issues....nobody ever did that for me except my family....she made me a part of her life....so effortlessly...."

"And you were in love with her?" Nishant asked him.

"I was attracted to her from the forst day itself but when we became friends it got different....i mean i was still attracted to her but i did something which i never did before in my life....i made sure i be myself in front of her....no pretention no trying to impress her....i wanted that if at all she fell for me she has to fall for the real me....the flawed me....i wanted that....and she did....she accepted me the way i was....every day she reminded me that i am a good person and that she trusts me.... Even if i say something bad about myself she never took it...." He chuckled. "And then slowly i realised that i was in love....and i cannot imagine my life without her.... Everytime i used to be down , she was the only person that crossed my mind....only she could handle me....calm me down....and she was always there for me...."

"Then why do you fight with her?" Nishant rolled his eyes.

"Because i have the right to fight with her.... This fight that we had definitely scared me.... Scared the shit out of me....everytime we have big fights i get scared.... To be precise when she leaves i get scared....i am shit scared to lose her....because i know i cannot deal with it if she ever decides to leave me...." He licked his dry lips.

Nobody spoke. There was complete silence.

"How can i let the person go who saw through my wounds....who healed it all and also made her home around it...." He gulped as his eyes started to tear up.

He saw Teja come out of the indoor garden to the kitchen wearing the Panda jacket that he had gifted her a few moments back. He immediately wiped his eyes.

"Oyee Laddoo aur kitna time?i am hungry...." He said loudly.

"Aayi Sunny...." She quickly took her meal box and went to the couch and sat beside him. She looked around with a frown seeing everyone looking at her.

"Whatttt?" She rolled her eyes.

"Nothing...." He said immediately. "You are looking like a white anda in this jacket so they are staring at you...." He fed her a bite.

"How mean...." She hit his arms and chewed slowly.

"Mooh khol...." He waited with the next bite.

"I am not done with this bite...." She moved her face away.

He waited patiently for a few moments and clutched her hair and made her look at him.

"No sunny....not done yet...." She moved her face away again.

He sighed and waited patiently.

"Laddoo fast....chew it fast....don't keep it stuffed in your cheeks....if you eat fast i will give you my brownie as well...."

Nishant kept looking at him without blinking. This was not the Karan he knew twelve years back. Nope. Not possible.

They finished their dinner and Karan fed her the two brownies. Teja gave him just one bite from there.

Nishant smiled softly seeing them. Never did he imagine that a girl would come and change his friend so much. So much that he seemed unknown to him. So much unknown to him.