Part-2

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Teja was late for the party and she hated it. Everyone must be already enjoying and most importantly it was new year. The favorite time of the year. Although Mumbai didn't have proper chilly winter but still she liked the slight lower temparature , only around new year. It gave that vibe.

She pressed the button of the lift impatiently and rushed into it as soon as the door opened. And in jiffy she was on the 9th floor. Akhil's apartment. She quickly went to the door and she could already hear loud voice and laughter from inside. Argghhhhh. She hated it. She was late. She missed so much. Fomo on another level.

She rang the bell and waited impatiently.

"Sorry Rima i was stuck in...." she stopped looking at him as the door opened.

"traffic?" he chuckled and completed her sentence.

"yeah i mean....hi...." she waved at him.

"come up with better excuses like late packup or something....come...." he joked and walked inside and she followed.

The lounge was filled with Teja's school friends and Akhil's group.

"where is Rima and Akhil?" she looked around.

"Rima is in the kitchen....she is heating the snacks....and Akhil went down to grab some beer....we finished everything...." he laughed.

"what?" she said giggling.

He nodded joining her in the laughter.

"i'll come meeting my friends...." she opened her shoes and went to her group and hugged everyone tightly and jumped happily.

He looked at her amused. So much energy. So much excitement. Crazy.

As the evening passed by , they got busy with their respective groups.

Teja went to the washroom excusing herself from her friends and as she came out she scanned the lounge. Where was he?She hadn't even notice him after she joined her friends. But he was there when she went to the washroom. Did he leave now? May be he had some other party to join.

Whatever.

She was about to go back to her friends when she saw him sitting on the couch in the balcony. His back was facing her. She frowned and went to the balcony.

He had his legs folded on the couch and was leaning back with his eyes closed and a can of beer on his lap. Was he sleeping?what the hell. Was he okay?

"are you okay?" she muttered unsure of whether he was sleeping.

"hmm?" he immediately opened his eyes and looked at her.

"you okay?" she asked with concern.

"yeah yeah...." he sat properly and put his legs down. "sit nuh...."

He was lying. His face showed that he was not okay.

She sat beside him and he passed her an unopened can from beside him.

"thanks...." she said with a small smile.

She had gone back home from the engagement and googled him up and also went through his instagram. She didn't know why. Whatever she read confused her. She was rarely wrong with her intuitions about people and he seemed to be a really sweet and good boy. Why was he called a bad boy then?

She was looking ahead and the silence started to bother her. She looked at him and saw him looking at the sky. He was so weird. Sometime back he was having fun inside and now he is sitting alone in a corner.