Part-3

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Karan kept looking at the blank DP on top of his screen. Should I ping her?Wouldn't it be too much?but i really feel like thanking her. I feel much better after talking to her.

He was staring at the blank chat screen of Teja for a long time now. Their friends had made a group for travel plans after getting drunk which they knew will never be executed but he got her number from there.

Screw what she will think. She told me to screw everyone. Screw her as well I will ping her.

Hey , thanks for the pep talk last night. It helped a lot.
Karan. :)

He was thinking whether he should type anything else or not , when he saw the double tick turn blue. She read. In the next few moments her DP appeared. She had saved his number. And soon the online status turned into typing and he quickly exited her chat. He didn't want her to know that he had her chat opened.

No problem Karan , don't have to be so formal. :)

And that was it. He didn't know how to continue the conversation so he left the message read and went to sleep.

A few days have passed and Teja had to leave for the States for her early morning 3 o clock flight to catch. It was evening and she had to shoot for a brand to post on her instagram and she was extremely worried. Her team had taken their day off because she had to leave and the shoot came abruptly. Generally she was good with camera and equipments but this shoot was difficult. She had to adjust a lot of technical settings which she had no idea about. She and her father tried to figure it out but was of no avail. She was almost in tears.

Her phone pinged. She took her phone in irritation and unlocked her screen and her face broke into a smile. It was him.

Bon Voyage. :)

They didn't talk much. Just replied to each other's status sometimes. But he knew she was leaving. She had put up a status about travel after her bookings were done.

Thanks. But I am in deep shit.

What happened? came his immediate reply.

This brand shoot requires me to do some stupid adjustments to the camera setting and i cannot figure it out. My team is not with me. I have to leave and i don't know what to do.

You want help?i know the settings. I can help you shoot.

No yaa thanks. I don't want to trouble you.

Come on Teja. Don't be stupid. I am free plus What else are friends for. You send me your location I'll reach in sometime.

Thanks yaa Karan.

And with that she sent him the live location.

He came in forty five minutes and rang the bell.

Her mother opened the door.

"namaste aunty...." he touched her feet. He knew it must be her mother since she stays with her parents.

"arrey it's okay beta....come...." she said lovingly. "teju...." she called her loudly.

Teja came out of the kitchen and smiled widely seeing him.

"mumma this is Karan....and this is my mommy...." she told Karan and he smiled at her mother.

"you continue with your work i'll get you chai...." her mother told them sweetly and went to the kitchen. Karan smiled softly seeing her go to the kitchen.

"what happened?" teja asked frowning.

"nothing...." he shook his head. "so where do you want to shoot?" he said looking around.

"here only...." she said handing him the camera and briefed him about the requirements. He sat patiently and adjusted the settings.

"it's done....let's film?" he asked.

"yeah...."

They did the shoot and by the time they finished her mother had come back from the kitchen with tea and snacks.

They sat on the couch while having tea.

"where is uncle?" he asked her sipping the tea.

"when he heard you are coming and he doesn't have to help me with the camera, he went for his evening walk...." she said chuckling. He chuckled softly.

"so uncle aunty are gonna stay alone?when are you coming back?"

"in a month....and thanks Karan....you have no idea how you saved me....i owe you big time...." she said with genuine gratitude.

"cool....get me some American chocolates...." he shrugged his shoulder and they laughed loudly.

Her father had come back in sometime. Teja introduced them to each other.

"beta have dinner with us....Teja is also having early dinner...." her mother told him.

"no aunty that's fine....i'll take a leave now...." he said politely.

"arrey why?have dinner....come on...." Teja frowned. "you have to....i don't want any no...." she said like a kid. Her parents chuckled.

"now you have to....you have no other choice....my daughter doesn't let anyone have their way if she makes a decision...." her father said chuckling and Karan laughed and nodded.

They had dinner together with teja's father and him talking about his family and how long he had been in Mumbai.

"Teja you go get ready i'll drop you...." her father told her as they got up after dinner.

"no way papa....i am not letting you come back alone that late after dropping....i will go alone....don't worry about that...." she said immediately.

"no Teju....i am not letting you go alone...." he said sternly.

"no....not happening....i am having the entire flight alone and you cannot let me go to the airport alone?" Teja said stubbornly.

"uncle sorry for interrupting....umm....i will drop her don't worry...." Karan said sweetly.

"nahi beta....you don't have to take trouble....i will go...."

"uncle what trouble?i will drop her please don't worry and she is right....it will be late you don't have to come alone at that time....please don't worry...." he said politely.

Her father nodded with a smile.

Teja mouthed him a thank you and went upstairs to get ready. She got ready quickly and came down and touched her parents feet and hugged them. Karan also touched their feet and put her luggage in the carrier of his car.

They sat inside and once they had gone away from their view Teja stopped waving and looked at Karan.

"I am so sorry Karan....i had to put you through this and agreed to you dropping me because I knew papa won't agree otherwise...." she said guiltily.

"put me through what?are you crazy?it's nothing....and please don't be so formal....what are friends for i told you some hours back remember....and please if you need anything for uncle aunty while staying in the States feel free to tell me okay?" he said sternly.

She smiled softly and nodded.

They had their small talks and reached airport. They put their masks on and Karan got down and took out her luggages.

"bye....have a safe journey...." he said giving her a side hug. "inform me when you reach...."

She nodded softly. "thank you so much....take care huh Karan?"

He nodded softly and she went inside with her luggage , turning back to look at him before entering. He was still standing there. They waved at each other before she went in and disappeared into the crowd.