Part-16

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Teja came to the couch in the living room where people were chatting and sat beside Karan with their plate of dinner.

Karan without saying anything just started eating casually from the plate.

"Why don't you admit?" Jay asked teasingly as Teja had a bite. Since the time Akasa had come to know about their friendship , it was discussed in weekend ka vaar and everyone had come to know that they were best friends.

"Admit to what?" Karan frowned immediately.

"Admit liking each other...." Ishaan chuckled.

He rolled his eyes and concentrated on the food and she bit her cheeks to stop her blush.

"Teja you can admit right?" Mysha poked her making her smile shyly and blush.

"Bigg boss baby can you see everyone here is after my life...." She said like a baby and karan chuckled.

"Don't irritate my Laddoo...." He said pulling her cheeks.

"My laddoo and all huh?" Everyone teased.

"What is this same plate se khaana and still not admitting liking each other?" Akasa winked at Karan.

"Toh best friends cannot eat from same plate?" He asked smiling shyly.

"Best friends don't blush when teased...." Jay said immediately.

Teja slapped her forehead and blushed more.

"Come on guys...." Karan said hiding his blush.

"Admit and we will stop...." Umar said chuckling teasingly.

"Admit to what?" Karan said blushing more and Teja got up with their plate as they finished eating and went to the kitchen to avoid blushing in front of everyone.

"Ladki sharma gayi....badhai ho...." Umar said loudly making Teja and Karan laugh loudly.

*****
Teja sat on the green couch in the outdoor garden with her face buried into her knees , letting her tears drench her pajamas.

"Laddoo dinner?" She heard his voice. She quickly rubbed her face on her knees to wipe her tears and looked up.

"I am not hungry....i'll serve you...." She said in a low voice and stood up.

"What happened?" He immeidately held her hand.

"Nothing Karan...."

"Karan?" He frowned and pulled her making her sit beside him.

She looked ahead and closed her eyes.

"Laddoo what happened?you were good till the afternoon....something happened during task?" He asked softly.

"Something happened during task Karan?to you?" She looked into his eyes.

"Oh that....yeah i had a breakdown of sorts....i had a verbal spat with Pratik and things turned bitter....don't worry Shamita was there....she handled the situation...." He said honestly.

"Yeah Nishant told me...." She smiled. "I'll nring you dinner....i am really sleepy....will go to bed now....good night Karan...."

"Huh?itni jaldi?what about our chat session?" He frowned.

"Not tonight....really tired...." With that she went to the kitchen and came back with his dinner and handed the plate to him.

"I am not having it alone....sit...." He made her sit and fed her a bite. She didn't protest. She didn't have the energy to.

"Laddoo I'm sorry that you had to know all this from Nishant.... I should have told you...." He said feeding her another bite.

"It's okay Karan...."

"It's not...." He said immediately. "It is just not okay...."

"It is okay really....if you don't need me im your weakest times and if someone else can do what i have been doing then why not?the important fact is you should be fine....doesn't matter who makes you fine...." She said looking at him. His heart sank.

"Laddoo it is not what you are thinking....and i do not need or want or will be fine with anyone other than you....both in my happy and weak moments....i know the way you are feeling right now is justified because i would have felt exactly that....had someone else taken care of you and i got to know later from someone else...."

"This wouldn't have happened....because i would have reached out to you....nobody could calm me down...." She said looking into his eyes. "You have replaced me...." She whispered slowly and looked away.

"Really?" He kept the plate aside and cupped her cheek and made her look into his eyes. "I have replaced you?"

"Yes you have....you don't need me...."

"I cannot even breath without you okay?can't you see if i don't see you for half an hour i get restless?and you think Shamita could handle me the way you do?i handled myself because the task was on....i said she handled the situation....she handled how pratik was reacting....not me get that?" He said intensely.

Teja burst out crying and hugged him tightly.

"Arrey mera bacchhaa...." He patted her head and kissed her hair. "Don't cry Laddoo....please...." He whispered softly.

"Karan....fusfusake baat na karein...." They heard the announcement. She chuckled through her tears into his chest and he rolled his eyes.

"Maine kuch nahi kiya Bigg Boss...." He screamed like a baby.