Part-10

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

"Laddoo , you have to wait here okay?" Karan said while unlocking the door of his apartment and went inside and closed the door on her face.

"what the hell Sunny...." she frowned and said loudly. "i know you have planned something and it is fine if i see it...."

She got no response from inside.

"arghhhh...." she stomped her foot and pouted like an angry kid.

Her birthday was just 5 minutes away. And her Sunny has left her standing outside his apartment. Her parents were out of town to attend a family function and she knew that Karan in no way would not plan something for her. But for that he will make her stand out of the house?and close the door on her face. What the hell.

"happy birthday to you....happy birthday to you....happy birthday dear Laddoo....happy birthday to you...." he opened the door as the clock struck 12 and sang and clapped.

Her anger melted at once. Just like ice. The apartment was dark and he held her hand and took her inside. The entire house had glass candles on the floor. One of the walls was decorated with their pictures and balloons and fairy lights with 'Happy Birthday Laddoo written' on it.

"i was lighting these up....sorry...." he said cutely.

"this is so pretty....awieee....thank you mera Sunny...." she kissed his cheek quickly and started checking their pictures and clapped happily.

He smiled softly seeing her happily clapping like a kid and brought the cake from the kitchen. He lit the candles on the cake and opened his laptop and quickly set up the group video call with her parents , brother and his family.

"happy birthday...." all of them screamed and hooted and she looked at them adorably.

"chal jaldi cut kar....bhook lagi hai....blow the candle first...." Karan gave her a knife.

She closed her eyes , wished for everyone's good health and blew the candle. She cut the cake while their families cheered and sang for her. She took a piece of cake and showed it to the camera and then fed Karan. He smiled happily and fed the rest of the piece to her.

All of them sat and chatted and laughed for an hour and after that they disconnected the call.

"thanks Sunny for doing this....I was missing mumma papa and Pra and you just made sure they along with your family are included....i cannot have wished for a better birthday than this...." she said keeping her head along his chest.

He smiled softly and kissed her hair.

"anything for you....i'll get dinner...." he got up and kissed her hand and went to the kitchen. He came back with a plate of pasta.

"you made it?" she frowned seeing the pasta. It was definitely not from the restaurants.

He nodded sheepishly.

"it might be really bad...." he said making a face.

"shut up...." she frowned and had a bite and fed him a bite. "i swear it is really good....thank you sunny...." she kissed his cheek quickly and ruffled his hair.

They finished their dinner chatting happily and had ice cream after that.

He kept the plates in the sink and came out and wrapped her arms around her shoulder and kissed her forehead and then took out a box from the pocket of his jeans.

"this is for you...." he gave the box to her.

She frowned and opened it to find a beautiful bracelet.

"so pretty....you selected this?" her eyes shone with happiness.

He nodded softly.

"make me wear this...." she said handing the bracelet to him and he made her wear it.

"i'll always wear this...." she said looking at the bracelet softly.

"Laddoo what are we?" he asked looking at her.

"huh?" she looked at him immediately.

"what are we?" he asked again. His gaze turning intense on her.

"you say...." she said looking into his eyes.

"i asked first...." he tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"friends?" she asked hoping he would deny it.

"friends?you are like this with your friends?or do you think i am like this with my friends?" he cupped her cheek with one hand and rubbed the corner of her lips with his thumb.

She closed her eyes immediately.

"don't look at me like that...." she whispered and gulped.

"why?because you are not being able to take it?" he asked huskily.

"Karan...." she held his shoulder with her right hand.

"you know that i am attracted towards you right?" he asked softly.

"Teja you know right?" he repeated himself on getting no response.

She nodded slowly.

"are you attracted towards me?look at me and answer....look into my eyes...." he cupped both her cheeks and made her look at him.

"yeah I am...." she said honestly , looking straight into his eyes.

"i trust you with all my life....do you trust me?" he asked softly.

"with all my life...." she said smiling softly.

"i have fallen in love with you Teja...." he said looking into her eyes.

She smiled softly with tears and hugged him tightly. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him.

"this madness....this intense....i have never felt this before....you give me peace....you make me sane....you are that little bit of sanity that i want to hold onto for each day of my life....each day everyday....i cannot imagine my life without you...." he said softly in her ear making her grip on his back go tighter.

"i know karan....i know everything....the way you look at me....nobody did before....it makes me feel so special....so beautiful....you make me feel things i never felt before....since the day i had met you , you have made me feel special everyday....even in our fights....you never took advantage of my vulnerabilities...." she said softly.

"i would never do that....i will protect all your emotions i promise you....i will never take advantage of your emotions....never....you are too precious for that....you have made me a better person....you made me calmer....you made me realise my priorities in life....you made me sorted....i will never ever let you go....and i know you will pull me back like you always do...." he kissed her forehead.

"i have fallen in love with you Karan....the same way that you have been...." she said looking into his eyes.

His smile grew wider and his eyes shone.

"mera Sunny...." she caressed his cheeks softly.

He gulped softly and rubbed his thumb on her lips.

"can I Teja?" he asked huskily.

"always...." she said running her fingers through his hair.

He moved forward and kissed her softly , pouring in all his love and she reciprocated with equal love and passion. When they were out of breath , they pulled apart and rested their forehead against each others feeling the moment.

After a couple of minutes Karan got up , blew all the candles and picked her up and took her to his room. He kept her on the bed softly and laid down beside her and pulled her closer making her keep her head on his chest.

"your heart beats are so fast sunny...." she said giggling.

"as if yours are not...." he said rolling his eyes and they chatted throughout the night , holding each other close , in each others arms.