Part-17

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Teja could feel her heart sink in her chest as Karan threw the cup of tea in anger. She immediately froze in her place and lost track of whatever she was saying.

Karan gave her one last look and turned back to walk into the washroom area.

How dare she. How dare she talk to him like that. When he was not at fault. In front of everyone. He had tried to keep calm and tried to make her calm and this is what he gets in return. He banged the door of the washroom shut as his mind started to cloud.

He took in a couple of deep breathes to calm himself down and closed his eyes. Shit. What has he done. His anger had taken over and in a split second he has lost it. He had never been this angry in front of her and suddenly it scared him. What if. No. His mind asked him to stop thinking in that direction.

He came out of the washroom and went to the living area and scanned the place. She was not there. He looked at Nishant who was standing in the kitchen who quickly gestured him that she was in front of the VIP room.

He gave Nishant a small smile and went there. Teja was sitting there with dried tears on her cheeks and was staring at the ceiling blankly. It broke his heart to see her like that.

"I am sorry...." He said softly and sat on the hand rest of the couch.

"It's okay....even i am sorry...." She muttered.

"I didn't like the way you spoke to me especially when there is no fault of mine and that is why I lost my cool.... I cannot see you treating me as a contestant which i know you don't but in moments like those....when you lose it on me....i feel i am just like what the others are for you....whom you can fight with in the show...." He said honestly.

"I just wanted to speak....and you kept asking me to calm down....that was interrupting the flow of my conversation...." She said slowly.

"I know...." He kissed her hair softly.

"I am scared...." She said with her voice quivering a bit.

"About?" He didn't let her go. Instead his hold on her became tighter.

"We will drift apart....it is an intuition...." She said in a whisper.

"I won't let that happen and i know you won't let that happen either...." He said immediately.

"We will Sunny....we will drift apart....this house is getting onto both of us....and we are not realising but we are doing things to each other that we shouldn't do...."

Karan held onto her tighter in a reflex. What if she was right?

*****

"Teja tell me just one thing....you think the round was fair?" He asked looking into her eyes.

"Yes...." She said immediately.

"Really?" He asked chuckling.

"Yes three people cannot be wrong Karan....Shamita put the egg from a far into the pit...." She said firmly.

"I was standing there i have seen the entire thing....those three people are wrong...." He said sternly.

"Do not lie Karan...." She said before he could finish his sentence.

Do not lie Karan. Do not lie Karan. She thinks I am lying. Like everyone. Just like everyone who always thought that i keep lying. Even she thinks like this. He closed his eyes as he felt his legs shake a bit. He felt his anger and hurt shoot up. He needs to calm down.

"You clearly have a problem if i win?" He heard her say. And that did it for him.

"That is what you think about me?" He shouted at her.

"Yes because you are behaving like that...." She said with tears trickling down her cheeks.

"I have a problem that you are supporting those who are playing unfairly....and then you have the audacity to say that i am lying because you want to prove that you are winning fairly....accept it....have the guts to accept that you are winning because Rakhi is favoring you unfairly....and i will be fine....i was not going to do anything about it Teja....neither do i expect you to do anything....just accept the fact that they are cheating....just do not say that i am lying....just do not...." He said angrily and left.

Teja closed her eyes in frustration. Why was he reacting?she was not being able to understand anything. Little did she know her one statement had triggered his years of being judged and all his past which he had slowly gotten over with her help itself and she being the person said that. It did it for him.

*****

"Karan please have a little bit of food....you had nothing since last night...." She sat in front of him before the task resumed.

He didn't say anything.

"Karan we haven't spoken since last evening....what is wrong with you?"

"I do not want to have this conversation with you....and yes....since i am a liar....please do not have to be with me....go and be with someone who is honest snd trustworthy...." He said while getting up.

"What arw you saying Karan?" She gulped.

"I am not saying anything....you said certain things....i am just validating those....for your own good....be with a good person...." He looked back at her and said in a low voice and left.

Teja frantically wiped her tears. This cannot be happening. No.