Part-4

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Teja reached her brother's place and jet lag kicked in. She informed her parents , quickly took a hot shower and laid down on the bed cooing under the blanket. Her brother had to go for an emergency meeting so she had the chance to take a quick nap or else she would have sat and chatted with him and eaten his head , she thought to herself and giggled.

"oh shit...." she sat immediately and took her phone and immediately dialled Karan. He had asked her to inform.

"hi...." he said sweetly after picking up the phone.

"hey....just reached Pra's house....as in my brother....sorry yaar....it must be late night there right?"

"don't worry I was not sleeping...." he said chuckling. "how was your flight?"

"tiring....jet lagged and how...." she said laying down.

He smiled softly. Her voice soothed him. For some strange reason. She was just different. She was a ball of energy and a also the ice which calmed him down. There was something peaceful about her face and her ways. That attracted him to her. He was scared to feel this way. He wanted to stop. But some things were beyond what he could control.

"what were you doing?" she asked frowning on getting no reply from him.

"was just watching a documentary...." he said while laying down on his bed.

"oh you are interested in that?what do you like watching the most?" she asked hugging the pillow.

Nobody asked him that. He always told on his own accord. Nobody ever asked him what interests him.

"people....places....cultures....history....i want to know the world....i want to see the world....i want to meet people of different cultures and of different languages....try their cuisines....talk to them....live their life...." he said like am excited kid.

She smiled softly. How can his voice change in a fraction of seconds?one moment he was this calm and mature guy and the next moment a curious kid. He was so different from everyone. Atleast the actors that she had encountered.

"really?i was thinking of going on a road trip from here...." she said softly.

"please go...." he said excitedly. "it changes life i swear....it's....it's just something else...."

"i will....and i will send you pictures...." she giggled and he smiled softly. Crazy girl.

"when are you coming back?as in i know after a month but when is you flight exactly?" he asked.

"9th February...." she said softly.

"okay....that's cool....wherever you go be safe okay?"

She smiled softly at his concern.

"i will....and you also take care....and don't overthink....like you did on the new year...." she said softly.

"don't even remind me....i was at my worst state then....thank heavens you handled that....i swear Teja i have never had a friend who could calm me down with just a few words...." he said in a flow and immediately regretted. He was not supposed to give away.

"the way you helped me filming....and karan please know if you ever need me i am just a call away....i hope you consider me a friend enough to reach out to if you need...."

"thanks Teja....means a lot...." he said softly.

"always...." she said smiling widely.

They didn't realise that they were on call for more than half an hour now.

"it must be really late....won't you sleep?what is your schedule for tomorrow?" she asked him.

"yes it's 4 in the morning....i have a shoot.... 10 o'clock call time...." he said making a face.

"shit....then go to sleep....good night Karan...."

"you take rest as well....good night...." he said sweetly and they disconnected the call.

With that both of them drifted off to sleep. Not acknowledging that they got their solace. Solace in someone who was a stranger a few days back.

Teja woke up after a long six hours sleep and freshened up and went out for a walk down the streets and pinged him.

Woke up?

Yes. On the way to set. A bit late but will manage. How are you feeling?jet lag gone? Karan replied immediately.

Much better. Took a long nap and now out for a walk. It is so freaking beautiful. <3

Don't type when you are walking. Enjoy now. I will call you at night after i reach home after shoot. Only if you are free and not out anywhere. Time zone shit.

Teja smiled widely reading his last message.

Sure. Talk to you at night then. Byeeee.

And with that she kept her phone in the pocket of her long coat and walked down the streets enjoying the chilly whether and the feeling of vacation.

A couple of weeks had passed and Karan was about to retire to his bed for the night. He took his phone to ping her up to ask if she was free for a call. It was their regular routine now. He would ping her up after his shoot once he was ready to sleep and if she was free and not out with anyone they would talk to each other over call. About what she visited and what cuisines she tried and how his day was at work. It was nothing too informative but just the right amount to make his stress go away. The right amount which you would talk to a new friend. A friend you are getting attached and attracted to.

Before he could ping her , he frowned seeing a video call request from her. She never face timed. Not that he would mind but they never did. Why would she do that now? Was she okay? He quickly accepted the request.

"Karan you have to have to see this...." she told without letting him say anything and flipped onto the back camera. The entire place was white and covered with snow. It was snowing.

"wow...." his breath hitched seeing the valley white. It was beautiful. He had visited so many places and experienced snowfall so many times and yet each time it gave him butterflies. Each time it blew his mind. Nature was so picturesque. Nature was so calming. "it's beautiful...."

"isn't it....and peaceful...." she said softly.

"meko kyun sada rahi hai....mujhe nahi khelna....i am stuck with shoot and you are showing me this?this?" he frowned like a kid and she laughed.

"yaayyyy....and guess what i ate today?"

"i don't want to know....bhaad mein jaa tu...." he said like a kid.

"awieee...." she giggled. "oh by the way....meet Pra....my chotu sa bhai...." she panned the camera at her brother and pinched his cheeks making him frown in irritation and shrug her hand away.

"hi...." pra waved at him with a sweet smile.

"hi bro...." Karan waved back cutely.

She quickly panned the camera to herself.

"so were you going to sleep?" she asked him adjusting her woollen cap.

"yeah....was about to ping you only...." he smiled softly seeing her wear a mickey mouse cap. Crazy kid.

"awiee....how was your day?" she asked while walking.

"it was good....you have fun now....we will talk tomorrow...." he said sweetly , not wanting to take her time when she was out.

"shut up and tell me...." she rolled her eyes.

He chuckled. Nobody asked him about his day even when they were out on a trip. Busy. With family whom she met after so long. When the nature was so beautiful and there was so much to explore.

He laid down on the bed and told her about his day in details , excitedly about the good things and complaining about the stupid things as she walked down the streets covered in snow.