Part-6

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Teja sat in her balcony wiping her tears. Nothing was right , nothing felt right and she felt terrible. The day was exhausting and she was drained physically and emotionally. She buried her face into her knees when her phone rang. It was him.

She took the call and before she could say something , she heard him say,

"Are you free?" his voice almost inaudible and cracked.

"Karan are you okay?" she asked getting alarmed and in that moment her situation didn't matter to him.

"yeah i'm good...." he said trying to sound normal but his choked voice and irregular breathing gave away. "can we meet?if you are not busy...."

"where are you now?" she asked immediately and went to her room and took her bag.

"i am in the parking of my place....are you home?" he said somehow.

"don't even move from there i'm coming....promise me you won't drive like this...." she said and ran out of her house and sat in her car. "i'm coming....see you...." she disconnected the call and started to drive.

Karan kept his phone on the dashboard carelessly and kept his head back on the steering. When she said she was coming , he didn't fight. He didn't have the strength to.

Within half an hour Teja pulled into his parking and ran to his car and opened the door of the driver seat.

"Karan...." she kept her hand on his shoulder which made him sit straight and look at her.
"what happened?" she asked scared , seeing his red and swollen eyes.

He looked at her face not knowing where to begin.

"i am so done...." he whispered.

"shhh....okay come out...." she held his hand and pulled him out of the car and locked the car. "let's go upstairs?"

He nodded slowly and walked into the building and went to his apartment.

Teja closed the door behind her and opened her shoes while he went and sat on the couch.

She quickly took a bottle of water that was on the dining table and gave it to him.

"here have it first...."

He took the bottle quietly and had a sip.

"what happened Karan?" she sat beside him and made him look at her holding his shoulder.

He kept looking at her not knowing what to say. What if she judges him. It was not unknown to him that he was attracted to her and he had also found a genuine friend in her. Both way he didn't want to lose her. He knew she would comfort him and that is why he had called her without thinking of the repercussions but now he was regretting it. What if this was the last time they were meeting. What if she hated him.

Teja saw him staring at her blankly. Without a single expression. There was no denying the fact that she liked him. As a person and as a friend and she could sense herself getting closer to him emotionally. She could sense herself getting attached and attracted to him. She wanted to stop herself. She didn't want anything that would lead to a heartbreak. But at the same time he was a good human being and it felt nice to be with him. She had fought this emotion since the last few days but couldn't come to a conclusion. And so she had convinced herself to not let go of this friendship and everything else could be figured out. Because he was not someone whom she can lose out just because of her fear of a possible heartbreak if she falls for him. She will deal with it. He was worth this much.