031

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
Mine

________________________________________________________________________________

-Carlisle-

Carlisle remembered very vividly all of the hours they spent making love. A few times it lasted for days, a couple times it lasted for weeks. They didn't get tired, they didn't need food or air. They just lost themselves in each other and didn't come out until they were satiated, and even then they still craved each other. Those days were before the children, though, and they knew it was more limited that they would get times like this alone.

Especially with Emmett around. He groused if his mother was gone for too long, and would come banging on the door to complain in disgust if they were too loud.

The boy did love his mother, Carlisle would give him that.

But the children also knew how much they needed this time. Those left in the house were gone as soon as the bedroom door had been pulled open to allow Carlisle and Abigail inside. They hadn't had the chance to consummate their mating, at least not in Abigail's new body—Is it new? It has to be, if she's a virgin again; she was reborn.—and he knew she was rather frustrated that they hadn't.

The knowledge that she was a virgin again excited him in ways he could never really comprehend or manage to express.

However, he was fully aware of such honors she's bestowing upon him. It was a precious gift to even have her eyes on him, to be in her presence and have her attention. But when she presented him with the most spectacular of all gifts with her touches, her kisses, her mind, her soul, her heart, her body...

He had no words to describe the type of joy that brought to him. Every single time they came together as one, even if it was a simple chaste kiss in passing, he thanked whatever deity that was listening, that brought her to him and thought him a worthy mate for a woman like her, with fervent prayers and deep gratitude. He never thought himself worthy, but something did, and he spent too much time taking that for granted.

He never would again.

It seemed they had been correct in her picking up where she left off as it took them all of a third of a second to reach the bedroom. It occurred to him that the one they had been using was simply a guest room as his was down the hall, but he had no wish to tell her this now because she was currently busy pushing the door open, nearly flinging it closed with her foot, before she grabbed the lapels of his jacket and shoved him against it, her delicious lips attacking his.

His mind went blank then, full of shock and adrenaline and lust, as her small body pressed and wiggled its way against his firmly, reaching up to wrap her arms around his shoulders and tug him down. At the same time that happened, he pulled her up off her feet, lips hungry and desperate over hers as he let his mind go and allowed the beast take over, hearing the roar of victory in his head. He growled under the assault of her lips, hands and fingers desperate as he turned them around and pushed her against the door instead. He heard a crack, but it didn't break, and for that he was grateful as they would have to find a different room if it had, and they had no time for such frivolous matters.

Despite the need pulling at him, despite the beast being in charge, he knew he would be careful and attentive. It was true, the vampire body could handle a hell of a lot more than the human body, and she wouldn't be in any pain, even soreness, after their activities halted. Not that they really had any plans for that to happen anytime soon. But he wasn't about to risk that for his own selfish desires.

The moan she gave him was beautiful and he actually felt a slight tremor in his hand as he held her to the door, careful not to make the crack they heard larger, and instead tugged her away for the bed. He feared for that, too, but at least they would be able to change rooms if it broke.