024

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
Cake and Ice Cream

________________________________________________________________________________

-Brett-

The video loaded up rather slowly so he got his usual night cocktail of whiskey and tequila while he waited. The piece of shit junker was something he had gotten from a thrift shop when his other computer broke. He wanted to toss this one, too, but considering his last pay check went to Mikey in Seattle for the game of Texas Holdem that he lost thirty grand in, he knew there was no chance in the luxuries anytime soon. Even though this "new" one was probably an original Dell; it still ran Windows 98, and he was lucky he could use it for the shit he needed to.

Finally the fucker made the completion noise and he went over to look, as usual naked as a jaybird in his nightly ritual of getting off to the sight of the lovely Abigail Goodwin in her natural habitat. The camera above her bed got her sleeping, there was one above her mirror on her dresser which usually was good for watching her change, and one in the corner of her shower that got the whole bathroom as it was that small. She hadn't been there for awhile—his teeth clenched as he realized she had been with Cullen this whole time—but he knew that he could get some kind of glimpse of her, or even her pretty little blonde roommate. Part of him wished he put a camera in that girl's bedroom, too, but her boyfriend wasn't something he wanted to see either.

He hit the jackpot with the camera in the shower, slouching down in his chair with a sick smirk on his face as he watched her shower and then cover her delectable little body up in a sinfully delicious dress. He slowed it down and put it on repeat, working himself up quick enough that he groaned and came on his fingers, her name leaving his lips as he thought of pushing that whore against the bathroom wall and fucking her against the tiles.

He thought he might get something in the bedroom, but instead he got two different angles of her and Cullen making out against the wall. He yelled in rage and stood up, kicking his chair over and going to smash some bottles in his sink. He barely managed to contain himself before he smashed the TV—again—or his shitty computer.

Bitch is just digging herself a hole, he thought as he downed the glass of alcohol and got another one. I will have her, mark my fucking words. That little whore is mine.

.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.

-Abigail-

The first clue that Alice went all out was the fact the fairy lights twinkled on the trees again just like they did for the wedding. Horror washed through her and she slouched in her seat as Carlisle laughed. "Oh god, please tell me she didn't," she moaned through the fingers that had crept up to cover her face.

"Cut her some slack, she missed her mother." Abigail's heart swelled, but she still grumbled and made him laugh louder. The three mile driveway wasn't long enough and soon the woods opened to the meadow. Her lips parted in shock as there was a small tent to the right with what looked like covered dishes. A few other tables sat around behind that. There were some speakers and a radio behind them and a smaller version of the dance floor that was at Bella and Edward's wedding. Between the tent and the music table sat a smaller one piled high with wrapped gifts.

"Oh my god," she whispered in horror. Carlisle chuckled.

"Smile, you'll have fun," he said as he pulled up into his usual spot. No sooner had he done that then Alice was at her door, yanking it open and pulling her out, grinning happily and throwing her arms around her.

"You're here!" she squealed and Abigail found herself melting. Alice was her daughter and the girl simply wanted to do something for her now that she's back. A cake and ice cream would've been fine, but that wasn't Alice's style. Abigail simply hated so much attention, but Alice was happy and a peak at Carlisle told her that he was happy, too, so she supposed it wouldn't kill her to have a little fun.