Chapter Twenty-One

LETS GOOOOO!! 700 followers!!!!!! Thank you all so much <3This chapter is more just Hitoshi, sorry it's been centred around that for the last few chapters!! more plotline in the next chapter

This chapter is more just Hitoshi, sorry it's been centred around that for the last few chapters!! more plotline in the next chapter. Love you all thank you for your patience.|

Song: I'm Just A Buzzkill by Mickey Darling
(I love Mickey Darling so much and I will be gatekeeping him. This is my official statement of my love for his music before TikTok finds it. They haven't yet. But when the time comes I LOVE HIM ok thank you)

I can't remember when I fell asleep, all I remember is waking up to find myself lathered in sweat. It felt like it coated every inch of my skin, gluing me to the soaking sheets beneath me. Moonlight cast over me creating my light source, and confirming more that Hitoshi, had left. My hand moved over the now cool spot where he once laid. I knew he wouldn't be able to stay the night, but it still made my heart heavy. Exhaustion begged at my eyelids, making them heavy as well, I wanted to close them before I started sobbing again. My face already felt flushed and raw from how much I must've been before.
My lips felt dry and my throat even more.

I reach for my water bottle, which probably hasn't been cleaned or renewed in its water for days now- but it was better than trying to sleep when it feels like sand is stuffed in your mouth. I lean as far as I can, my fingertips merely brushing against the translucent blue hard plastic of the bottle, trying to move it closer towards me.
With too much force I ended up having it clatter to the floor. But the floor let out a groan. Floors don't groan.

"What the hell Y/n..."

I slowly peek over the bed seeing Hitoshi curled up on my floor tangled up in one of my blankets and one of the many throw pillows my mom bought for the couch. He rubs at his head, glancing over his shoulder up at me with a scowl.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think you were still here- why the fuck are you sleeping on the floor?"

Hitoshi sits up, releasing a yawn and taking my water bottle that looked abandoned laying on the floor, "Because your fat ass took up all the bed."

"Hey!"

"And I didn't want to make you move because of your injuries and stuff," Hitoshi mumbles holding my water bottle out to me. I take it giving him a small smile and taking a sip of the days-old water. It tastes stale and at room temperature but it was good enough.

"What're you still doing here though??" I ask, letting my water bottle sit beside me.

"...Best friend intuition that I should stay." Hitoshi leans back on the palms of his hands, looking up at me. I nod, taking his answer and accepting it. 

"Blegh, I'm so sweaty," I complain, letting my head flop back. A bath sounded great right now, warm and clean.  "I'm gonna take a bath," I announce out loud, wincing as I start sitting up and swinging my legs over the side of the bed.

"Y/n it's like 1 in the morning- Can you even walk?" Hitoshi says, fighting off another yawn. "We're about to find out," I say, flashing him a grin and pushing myself onto my feet. I felt the cutting pain in my sides and gut. My muscles complained at the movement, begging me to just lay back down. Hitoshi was already on his feet, slinging my arm over his shoulder to make it easier on me. Though it didn't do much to help, I didn't let him know that.

We start our shuffle towards my door, he leans over a bit to flick the lights on and looking around I find myself speechless.

"Did you...did you CLEAN my room??" I manage to get out seeing the spotlessness of my floors aside from where Hitoshi had been sleeping. There were no gross dishes, no laundry piles, no homework piles. The poster had been put back up with new tacks, no longer folding over itself. 

Hitoshi gives me a look like I was being stupid, "Well yeah-" His face started to burn, and his cheeks filled with air a bit, "I didn't like perv on anything or snoop if you're worried about that."

I throw my head back letting out a laugh, "No, I'm not worried about that. I just didn't expect it to be clean." Honestly, I was a bit embarrassed now, that I let him see my room in such a state. I've never been great at keeping my room clean, but it was always an organized mess. His room was very clean, he's always been like that though. He was a slight clean freak, but he'd never confess. I can remember the time I tried to test out that theory by not putting some things back. As a force of habit, he cleaned up after me not even noticing he was, putting stuff back on shelves, closing drawers fully. 

"I felt a dirty environment would make you feel worse," Hitoshi says, beginning to open the door to my room and leave it with me. We both head toward the end of the hall where the bathroom is, he hip bumps the ajar door open, flicking the lights on in the room. The bathroom was very clean. My dad was like a little housemaid sometimes. When things got too bad he would dedicate hours to making sure everything was up to his standards. And then it always broke out into a fight. Between him and mom.

"Are you good by yourself?" Hitoshi asks, helping me sit down on the edge of the tub. 
"What? Yeah, I'll be fine. You can wait in my room or something." I smile, looking at him. His eyes held such concern within them, I'd never seen them like this before. His eyes, though half-lidded from the exhaustion he has, screamed he was wide awake and screamed he wanted to say something. The words were bubbling in his throat- and it was not like him to keep things to himself. Especially around me. 

"...Can we like, talk? Soon?" Hitoshi mumbles, casting those eyes to the floor and scratching at the back of his neck.

"Hitoshi I'm fine-"

"No, you are not." He snaps, "God, Y/n, stop trying to be some strong protector. You sobbed until you passed out. You're injured. And you're just trying to push past everything and-" His face was burning red from frustration, his eyes flicker back to me,

"Just confide in me, for fucking once."

We stared at each other, a heavy silence filling our ears and our minds. I didn't even know what to say. My mouth opened and closed trying to form and string a sentence together. 

"Please." Hitoshi's arms go limp by his sides. My heart squeezed for him. 

"Ok..." I spoke just above a whisper, "I'm sorry. I'll confide in you Hitoshi. I'm sorry."

He mutely nods, turning to leave. My face burns, "Here's something I'll confide in you for."
Hitoshi turns his head to the side, looking at me confused. 

"I need help getting out of my clothes."

"Oh right." His cheeks look flushed as he awkwardly lets the door close behind him and kneels in front of me. "I'm sorry to ask you- you can go wake up my mom if you want-"

"It's fine. It's not like it's anything new." He doesn't say this smugly, he just states it as a fact. It was true he has seen me without clothes. Mainly from me changing at his house and us being in a rush. But the most he's seen was just down to the undergarments. This time would be different, and it felt different. Everything felt...different.

His hands over for a second before gripping the bottom of my shirt, "Arms." I put my arms up, and he pulls the top off quickly. His eyes avert to the floor as he helps me wriggle out of the shorts I was wearing. Mihoko had brought some of my clothes when she was taking me back to her house from the infirmary, and she was on point with the comfortability. She knows me way too well.

Hitoshi's eyes were closed out of respect, and that just made me want him to look at me for some odd reason. But I know Hitoshi, and the gentleman in his heart would never let him do that even if it is his best friend. 

My lips press together and the warmth of embarrassment starts to take over the flesh of my face and neck. They burn red with self-consciousness and awkwardness knowing what was left to come off. 

"I got- I uhm, I got my bra." I stumble over my words, using one hand to unhook the back of it. Hitoshi nods. I feel his fingers graze up the sides of my hips, searching for the fabric of my panties. His eyes were squeezed shut, scrunching his nose up. when his fingers find the bump of fabric hugging my skin, he hooks his fingers in the side of it and starts to slide them down. 

My heart pounds heard as he does this, they fall to the floor, and he turns around so his back is facing me and his head pointed to the floor.