° Chapter Seven °

"Ugh...at this point I don't think I can even close my eyes for even a minute.."

Michael rubbed his temples in hopes to ease his aching head. It's the next day just after yesterday when the dream came again. He'll have to find Agent Fowler hoping to borrow a car.

To visit that burnt building and a place he's been wanting to go to, his home.

While so, he stumble into the main base and see the Autobots with Optimus gathering in some kind of discussion. He walked closer and casually slide in as if he's been in the discussion since the beginning.

No one noticed him as usual, a sneaky man he is.

"Though it remains unclear why such a skull would be found on your planet. It's presence reveals all too much about the Predacon which Megatron recently sent in pursuit of us"

Said the medic taking a look of the huge skull with horns, taking an appearance of a dragon.

Michael then steadily hop into a dim spot and watched from there, arms crossed. Listening.

Miko looked up at Ratchet. "You mean that dragonbot we put to ice?"

Michael is clueless of what's the topic and who they're talking about. He and Smokescreen did miss a lot of actions and details. So they're on the loss end.

"Predacon? Dragonbot? I need context"

"Except that the predacons have been extinct since, well.."

Smokescreen continued for Ratchet. "Since before most life began on Cybertron"

"They're like Earth's dinosaurs"

Says Raf to which Jack replies with. "Which means for you guys running into one would be like us meeting a T-Rex"

"So then what were Dinobots?"

Miko asked and her guardian answered the question. "Totally different"

"With Megatron's seeming new interest in the excavation of prehistoric skeletons and a certain scientist back among the Decepticon ranks..."

Ratchet started and Optimus finishing the sentence. "It would stand to reason that Shockwave cloned the beat from one such find"

Ultra Magnus joined the conversation and later WheelJack did as well. "And now Megatron's looking to clone another"

"What makes you think buckethead would stop at just one?"

Bulkhead turn to face the others. "We could have beast wars on our hands"

Michael just couldn't keep up with the conversation and ends up sneaking away and tried to find the adult.

He couldn't find Fowler anywhere and could assume he's out there busy doing military business. He sigh as he just decide to roam the other places he's never been before.

Taking the time while waiting for Fowler to return to the base and hopes that he can borrow any car. He didn't want Smokescreen to send him there. He doesn't want any of the Autobots to be exposed to outside, who knows if a Decepticons spotted them.

He didn't want to take the risk endangering them.

When he found himself all alone and in a dim room. He was about to continue to the next only when his eyes caught something out from the corner of his eyes as he paused and lean his head to check.

He swore he saw a flash of gold around the corner of one of the vacant rooms. He felt goosebump through him but remained calm. He continued.

As he found a dead end. He twirl around only to halt for a stop when a figure appeared by the corner. Startling the wits out of Michael.

"Oh my gawd!"

The moment he fully taken in the figure's presence. His whole body tensed as he felt like he was frozen in place. Unable to take back the control of his body. The silence grew louder. Eye locking with the figure's empty black eyes.

It was slouching on the corner. With it's arms going limb and crossed knees against it's chest. Mouth opened with it's looking unhinged jaw and the teeth could be seen but not clearly. The familiar gold yet withered fur.

Michael tried to move but he couldn't. Not when his focus is all on the figure that he learns to be, Golden Freddy. Although he doesn't particular know the child possessing the animatronic. But he knew, it was possessed.

"I....I thought I freed them...?"

As if the animatronic read his mind. It answered.

"You did"

His breath hitched but he quickly regained the normal pace. Biting his lips and clenching his fist.

"But I stayed"

He swallowed hard that it hurts his throat. Completely putting his attention on Golden Freddy.

"D-Don't you want to be free...?"

"Yes"

It answered again. The voice was undescribable. Yet it sounded like there was more than one in that voice, however sounded like only one was speaking.

"Then...why did you stay..? You can rest, I freed you. All of you"

"You did"

It repeated and Michael waited. As it didn't exactly answer the question accordingly.

Silence continued to occured and it spoke again.

"I stayed because of you"

"W-What..?"

Michael's eyebrow raised. Tilted his head to the side. "What..do you mean because of me?"

Golden Freddy's head twitch and wriggled it's ears. And finally answered.

"I'm here because you're in danger"

That gave Michael a few good minutes to process the information. As if he's had an error and got rebooted.

"What...? W-Wait hold on, how did you find me and...if you don't mind, who.. exactly are you.....?"

Golden Freddy didn't answer as it blankly stared at Michael who was keeping his patient to not scream. Because looking back at his black eyes really does give the creeps and not how he twitch always made Michael jump.

Somehow, the connection with the animatronic is strong. Like he had with Springtrap but that didn't click in his mind yet.

He also think that the visions or dreams of warning he's been getting lately, could be why Golden Freddy is here. Quite surprised, it's like Golden is trying to help him.

But the last time he got help from one, it didn't end well. Brutally destroyed his life.

Instead of answering his question directly, he only said the same words that haunted Michael when he worked at the small pizzeria.

"It's Me"