° Chapter Four °

"RUN!"

"RUN!"

"RUN!"

"RUN!!"

The voice were being overlapped by other bunch of voices screaming. Everything was happening so fast that Michael couldn't keep up with the commotion.

Afterwards the scene changed and the view came from Michael's perspective. He felt himself being locked in something. By something, but he didn't know what was locking him or holding him down.

But wherever he is, he was suffocating, hyperventilating so bad that he started coughing for air. Despite being a dead being yet acts alive, some parts remained functional.

He tried to move but when he did, he felt something sharp dig into his dry skin and it made a cut. He stopped and finally take a look around his surroundings and then on himself. There he saw some kind of metal constrained both his legs and arms. Preventing him from escaping whatever he's in.

His whole body was being forced to stay put as he was trapped by small plastic and metals that look like it could deepen each time he tries to move. Slowly, he realized what he was inside of.

"I'm... inside of a spring lock suit..?"

Just before he could continue to think, the suit suddenly lurched and Michael was forcedly smack against the side which resulting triggering the spring locks.

His eyes went so wide that it may bolt out from his eye sockets as he cried out and screeched in such pain that he felt liquid oozing from his dead skin.

Before everything went black, his eyes were closing and the last thing he saw was something watching him, with it's dull eyes.

Smokescreen paced back and forth after a few minutes upon hearing the news from Optimus. Of making him the new Prime.

"I..mean didn't you say it's one of your dreams?"

Michael asked trying to lower the pressure given on the rookie. "Y-Yeah but that was just a dream, an imagination! This is serious and so soon? I don't think I'm ready at all"

He shake his helm sideways, disagreeing on him becoming the new Prime. "I-I can't do this"

"Smokey..."

"I mean sure, who wouldn't want to be a Prime? But, I'm really not ready for that kind of responsibility.."

He said and looked at Optimus and the Prime stared back, his expression was hard to describe but it looked like a frown.

"Smokescreen.."

Optimus's voice called softly. "The choice is neither yours...nor mine..to make....when it is time..the matrix of leadership..will present itself..only to one...whose spark is...worthy.."

Then he was silent again and the two of them waited and waited for another reply. After a while, Optimus was back online but somehow was odd.

"W...Who stands...before me?"

Michael froze like he had just lost his soul for the third time. "W-What?" Michael and Smokescreen said in unison.

"Optimus? It's Smokescreen! You..just talked with him earlier"

Michael said climbing onto a boulder just beside Optimus and now has a better view and is looking down at Optimus's wrecked face.

"It's me Optimus, Smokescreen.."

Answered the rookie as he looked at his partner with confusion and felt worried. So did Michael. "Who....beckons......"

His voice was fading and before any of them knew it, his bright blue optics blinked temporarily before finally shutting down. Michael gasped softly as he covered his mouth with both hands, wide eyes. Smokescreen's optics were wider than they should be, panic flow through him.

"Is....Is...he?"

Smokescreen gently nudge the Prime but they receive no any responses. "O-Optimus..?" Michael called his name. Slowly sliding down the boulder and stopped and held his balance. As he is just above Optimus's head.

"No..no, O-Optimus! No..! Not n-now.."

Michael stuttered, his voice cracked and sound shaky. Smokescreen continue to nudge the body. "Optimus, no!"

Not even a minute later, his chassis opened and Michael crawled back on the top of the boulder, startled by it with Smokescreen stepping back from it.

Optimus's chassis revealed a bright glowing blue light which could mean that it's the matrix of leadership, being handed out for the new leader, a new Prime.

"This isn't how the story's supposed to end.."

Smokescreen claimed then Michael looked at his partner. "Smokescreen..I think we should, no, we must.."

"What..do you...."

Smokescreen's voice trailed off when he realized what Michael meant. His eyes signal something behind the rookie as he turned around and saw the forge laying on the ground.

Getting the signal from Michael, he dragged the forge and lay the end side of the hammer it on Optimus's servo. Immediately, the hammer was covered with electricitiy and with a few seconds, the hammer was starting to vibrate and Smokescreen sprung up and reach his servo towards Michael.

"S-Smokescreen!"

"Michael!"

The forge let out a blast and the ground shook a little with slight vibration. Smokescreen got knocked against the rough wall and fell on the ground heavily as he grunted. "Ugh..."

"M-Michael...?"

Smokescreen's voice was low and worried when he nervously checked his servos. There, he saw Michael hugging himself around the waist while trembling. "Michael!" Relief that he caught Michael on time. Although, he didn't looked great.

His spark skipped a beat as he quickly lay Michael down the ground and checked on him, "Are...you..okay?"

"Agh..y-yeah, just...I felt a little dizzy and nauseous for some reason.."

He sigh though relieved that Michael didn't get hurt during the blast. Michael force himself to sit-up and take sharp breaths to regain his posture. "I'm..fine, yeah...still a little nauseous.."

"I'm just glad you're okay"

"Hey, uhm.. Smokescreen..?"

Both of them turn to the side and saw Optimus getting up. But he looked completely different from what he was earlier. As if the forge had given him new upgrades. "Optimus..?"

Smokescreen got up and watched as the Prime got his senses back as he looked down at his servos before spotting Smokescreen with Michael beside him.

"Smokescreen, Michael..are the both of you alright?"

"Yes, we're okay Optimus...how about you? You got some new upgrades!"

Optimus looked at himself and only now realize that he, indeed, looked different. "I feel well, thanks to the both of you"

Michael shyly smiled and ruffled his hair. "I didn't do much though, I just sit around and kept an eye on you"

Optimus nodded. "Exactly, you kept an eye on me when I was on my worst. Thank you, Michael and Smokescreen"

"No problem Optimus, but we have to get going, the others are still out there and we don't know what the Decepticons are up to!"

"Do not panic, I will handle it. I know where they are, so be ready Smokescreen. You have to keep up"

Smokescreen's cheerful smile returned as he saluted Optimus. "Of course, Optimus!"

Then he looked back again at Michael, somehow only Michael could see it. His smile,

"Be ready for we'll be facing the Decepticons once again"