° Chapter Three °

"I'm back"

Smokescreen returned emerging from the wall and spotted Michael sitting beside Optimus. Michael's face lit up upon seeing his partner return safely.

"Smokescreen!"

This brought a smile to the rookie's face of how Michael reacted to his return. It gave the rookie a nice feeling in his chassis.

"I'm back in one piece, partner. How are the both of you been?"

"We're fine, though I can't say much for Optimus.."

Michael answered as he got up and Smokescreen walked to them and knelt by Optimus side to get a closer look on him, checking the Prime's condition. Michael looked worried and is expecting any news that could help for the three of them.

"I come through every square micron of our old base. I couldn't find Ratchet's medical kit, not even a bandage"

He told the Prime which then replied back, but in a low and soft voice. Like it came out as a whisper.

"The...forge...of Solas.."

Smokescreen shake his head, looking down "It's gone too. The cons picked the place clean"

The Prime didn't say anything else as Smokescreen got an idea of why Optimus mentioned the forge. Michael just looked devastated that they couldn't find anything useful left behind but he held on for a little longer.

"Wait..if you had the forge you could fix yourself up! Power of the Primes!"

He said and Michael looked up at Smokescreen. "Right..I forgot about that"

"Optimus, hang on just a little longer"

The rookie got up and is ready once again on going out but for a different purpose this time.

"That hammer's got to be somewhere in Megatron's fortress"

That alarmed Michael just simply looking at his expression. "In Megatron's fortress?! That's dangerous going alone!"

Smokescreen knelt in front of Michael and gently tap his head with a smile. "Don't worry. I'll always make sure to return to both of you. Besides the forge is our one shot of fixing Optimus, I gotta do it when no one can. We are only the ones that has Optimus and we may have an idea where the forge could be"

Michael gulped and bit his dry lips. He held Smokescreen digit or a human term, finger tightly. Trembling and seemingly afraid of letting him go.

"I-I..know it's just, I really don't want to lose any of you. I lost enough of people in my life. You guys have brighten my life once again and losing any of you too would...just be going back to zero again"

Smokescreen's smile drop as he sigh and brush his digit by Michael's forehead as a gesture of comforting him. It's not like he can hug Michael, not with their huge difference of height.

"It's okay, I promise I'll come back with the forge and then the three of us will get out of here, alright? Trust me"

Michael looked up at his partner and locked contact for a while before nodding as he let go of Smokescreen's digit.

"Alright, we'll be waiting, again"

His smile returned as he nodded back and left the both of them again.

While waiting, Michael got up and walked around the cave. Not too far of course but where he could see Optimus. He got close to a wall and stared at it, before spotting a small stone nearby, picking it up and decided to draw on the rough surface of the cave.