Chapter 63

Ayla handed Stephanie a wet towel as she attended Hunter. It's been three week since Hunter's injury and he is allowed to go home. He undergo surgery immediately after they landed in the States. That whole three weeks without Hunter and Stephanie just didn't feel like home. Luckily Shawn and Cameron were at Connecticut with Ayla in Hunter's house or else she doesn't know what would have happened to her.

Hunter winced here and there as the wet towel made contact on his chest. It wasn't a pretty sight around his chest. It was black around his right chest and his armpits, the marks of the surgery were very obvious.

"Can you pass me that ointment?" Stephanie ordered to which Ayla followed suit.

"You okay, buddy?" Shawn sat at the bedside with Stephanie on the other side of Hunter, gently applying ointment around his chest.

"I'm okay, Shawn. Well, I'm doing as okay as for a guy who just got his pecs ripped" Hunter said to which Shawn chuckled and punched Hunter lightly on his left arm.

"It's good to have you back, Hunter" Taker said, giving a slight smile.

"It's good to be back, Big man. Honestly, rehab sucks" Hunter said and all the other men laughed, except for Ayla and Stephanie.

Ayla hadn't spoke to Hunter ever since Crown Jewel. Accurately, she didn't get the chance to talk to him. She was holding the urge to cry as soon as she laid her eyes on Hunter when he stepped foot into the house an hour ago. The guy whom she used to see, so strong and healthy, came in the house in a wheelchair and now lays in bed, so weak. It hurts her to see Hunter like that.

She was able to hold her tears, compared to Stephanie who was crying the whole time she tended Hunter. She just wanted to jump into his arms and cry out all her frustrations. How much she missed talking to him. But it's gonna have to wait until at least they were alone. She didn't want to cry again. She hates herself each time she cried. It made her feel vulnerable and weak.

The door opening beside Ayla caught everyone's attention as Vince and Linda came in.

"Hey, Hunter" Linda said, rushing her way to the bedside, to which Shawn got up, giving space for Linda. Linda sat beside Hunter, giving her son in law a side hug.

"Hey, Linda. It's good to see you" Hunter smiled.

"But not good to see you, Hunter. Why'd you do that move?" Vince rolled his eyes.

"Vince, for goodness sake, get over it" Linda rolled her eyes at her husband's behavior. Vince had been mad ever since Hunter went to the hospital. He believed that Hunter botched the whole thing.

"Whatever. Now I have a few things to say" Vince said, catching everyone in that room's attention. Kane, Taker, Kaia, Stephanie, Shawn, Cameron, Hunter, Linda and Ayla looked at Vince, waiting for his announcement.

"First of all, I want to say that the whole match was a disaster" Vince begin. "Critics have categorized this match as the worst match to ever take place in the pro wrestling history" 

Everyone nodded, agreeing with Vince. They knew themselves how much they botched the match. There were so many botches and hesitation, a pure disappointment from four legendary wrestlers.

"First of all, the company is really disappointed in you two" Vince pointed at Kane and Taker. "You both broke character as you two hugged it out after the match which I am personally also disappointed." Vince begin.

"Oh come on, Vince-" Hunter wasn't able to finish his sentence, only to be cut by Vince.

"I'm not done yet, Hunter. Silence, please" Vince said, clearing his throat.