Chapter 24

"Please?" Ayla pleaded.

"Sorry, no can do, princess. We ain't going no where today. Just relax and enjoy the show" Shawn stuffed a popcorn in his mouth.

"But Hayley went to the arena. Why can't we?" 

"I'll bring you tomorrow, cupcakes. Now, you just stuff these delicious popcorns I've made and enjoy the show" Shawn handed her a bowl of popcorn. He was trying his best to not give in to her. He had to protect her from Dolph and this girl is making it so hard for him. 

"Shawn" She clutched a little of Shawn's shirt, giving her best puppy eyes. Hopefully it'll work. "Pwease" She asked in her baby voice.

Shawn almost, just almost gave in. Her puppy eyes were too intimidating. "Okay"

"Okay?" Ayla's eyes glimmered for a second.

"Okay, I'll bring you tomorrow" Shawn stifled a chuckled looking at her reaction. Cheated.

Ayla slapped his chest playfully with a sour face. Its the first time her puppy eyes didn't work on Shawn. "Mean" 

Shawn couldn't control his chuckle anymore. "Love you too, sweetheart"

Ayla stuck her tongue out making Shawn chuckle. He wrapped an arm around her, pulling her close so her head was on his chest. Luckily she didn't argue further. She snuggled on his chest, stuffing a popcorn in her mouth. 

Shawn's phone rang which caught both of their attention. Shawn smiled before answering it.

"Hey Honey"

"Hey Shawn. Where are you?" A female voice was heard on the other side.

"Oh, I'm at the guest house with Ayla" Shawn answered.

"Tell Ayla I said hi." The caller said.

"Why don't you say it yourself?" Shawn said, putting it on speaker. Ayla's eyes widen. She doesn't even know who's on the line. "You're on speaker, honey" Shawn said, winking at Ayla.

"Who?" Ayla mouthed at Shawn.

"My wife" Shawn whispered back. Uhhhh, okay.....

"Hey Ayla" Shawn's wife said on the phone.

"Hello, Mrs. Michaels" Ayla smiled awkwardly

"Oh dear, just Rebecca, seriously" Shawn's wife, Rebecca, giggled.

"Right, uhhh, nice to meet you Rebecca" Ayla said. Shawn was giggling at her awkward reaction.

"Likewise, Ayla. Shawn's been telling all about you the whole week. I really can't wait to meet you in person" Rebecca said. 

"Shawn's been talking about me?" Ayla asked.

"That's all he's been talking about. Even our daughter is a little jealous that her daddy was talking about another girl" Rebecca joked.

"I hope he told only the nice ones about me" Ayla giggled, making Shawn laugh. "I can be a little annoying sometimes when with Shawn"

"Nahh, that's not what I heard. From what I've heard, he's really fond of you" Rebecca said.

"Awww, that's really sweet, Shawn"

"I am sweet. I'm always sweet" Shawn smirked, making both Ayla and Rebecca giggle.

"I heard you're training with Shawn then?" Rebecca asked.

"Oh yes, Shawn and Taker are gonna train me" Ayla said.

"Ah yes, Taker. He's one of a kind. You're really lucky to be training with the great one" Rebecca said.

"Hey! What about me? I thought I was the greatest" Shawn got possessive.