Chapter 13

Taker dodged in time as Ayla attempted to punch him. Ayla quickly swung her other fist towards him and punch him in the rib making him to groan loud. He quickly grabbed her arm and twisted behind her back. Ayla winced at the pain on her shoulder, although she knows, Taker was taking it easy on her. She managed to drag them near the ropes. 

She jumped directly on to the third rope with her hand still in Taker's grip behind her back and she flipped back with the help of the ropes and Taker's support on her arm, breaking the arm twist. Taker was shocked for a moment before being brought back to sense when she twisted his arm to his back. 

Just then, he felt her jump to his back, wrapping her leg on his waist and her arms wrapped around his neck and head into a sleeper maneuver. Taker gasped for breath as she begin to tighten her grip around his neck. He stood there for a moment before he was able to regroup himself. 

He walked to the nearest turnbuckle, turning around so Ayla's back was facing the turnbuckle,  and slammed her hard on the turnbuckle, forcing her to break the sleeper. Ayla held onto the ropes as she fell of Taker's back. She took a few deep breaths as she watched Taker kneeled on the canvas, trying to catch his breath as well. 

They're having an intense match for almost 15 continuous minutes and both were equally exhausted. As soon as Taker got onto his feet and turned around, Ayla ran into Taker, her head piercing his stomach as they both fell with high impact onto the mat, Taker on his back and Ayla on top of Taker. She quickly hooked his leg up and Kev counted 1,2,3 and he fake rang an imaginary bell, indicating that the match was over.

Kev clapped his hands as he approached them. Ayla was laying on her back beside Taker, gasping for breath. She shut her eyes at how bright the light was shining above her. Her hands pushing back her baby hairs from her eyes.

"That was really good, Horsy. That was a nice spear there" Kev commended.

She opened her eyes and turned to find Kev sitting beside her. "A spear?"

"Yeah, the last move you did when you ran into him using your head and slammed him into the mat. That is called a spear" Kev explained.

Ayla nodded in understanding. "A spear. Right. Got it"

Kev held Ayla by the elbow, helping her to sit up. Taker was still laying down beside her. She placed a hand on Taker's arm.

"Are you okay, Taker?"

Taker nodded. "I'm okay. Its just that I hadn't have such an intense match like this in a while. It takes time for me to get used to" He said between his breaths. The girl was too fast and athletic for him, he could barely even get a grip of her through out their match. "You're a great opponent, Kiddo"

Ayla chuckled. She doesn't know whether she should feel proud or guilty. This moment was too overwhelming for her. "Thanks, Taker" She laid her head on Taker's chest, an arm wrapped around him. Taker reached an arm around her and tapped her by the shoulder.

"Ouch, not too hard, Taker" Ayla winced through her chuckles.

"Ooops, sorry. I forgot" Taker chuckled as they both sat up. He'd been in matches that last lasted almost an hour before this but it has never been this intense and so physical before. This kid in front of him has completely drained his big guy energy out.

The three sat in silence. It wasn't an awkward one, it was more of a relaxed silence. Ayla fiddled with her fingers, thinking about her past. It was just four days ago she escaped from a 15 years of hell, and was almost got kidnapped back into hell when these 4 saviors came to help. And today, she is training with real wrestlers, whom she assumes are one of the best as she still doesn't have the slightest idea how good they are. From their stories, she assumed that they are more than just average wrestlers. They were someone big in this industry.