Chapter 30

Ayla looked at herself in the mirror. She adjusted her shirt collar and dusted out her skirt. She was wearing a 3 quarter sleeve white shirt with a sleeveless dark blue overcoat and a matching knee length skirt, paired up with the same colour ankle boots. Her hair was tied up to a pony tail and her bangs hanging out on the side.

Once she was satisfied with her appearance, she made her way out of the room to find Hayley was already waiting for her in the living room.

Hayley was dressed up in a similar outfit, only hers was pink instead of Ayla's dark blue.

"Hey, you're looking good, sister" Ayla complimented.

"You too, baby girl" Hayley said.

"You got your books?" Ayla asked.

"Yup. Let's go" Hayley said as she hooked a strap of her bag on one shoulder just like Ayla did and she hooked her free arm with Ayla's.

It was their first day at school. Luckily the school wasn't that far from the guest house they were staying. They walked to the school and they reached in less than 20 minutes. They made their way to the principal's office. They knocked on the door and went in after hearing Mrs. Norris's voice.

"Good morning, Mrs Norris" They greeted in unison.

Mrs Norris settled her cup down as she looked up at the two lovely girls.

"Ah, Ayla and Hayley, right?" Mrs Norris asked.

"Yes Mrs Norris"

"Good, good. So, I'm not gonna take much of your time now. You both will be placed in class 10B. And I'll take you both to your classes. Come on now" She got up of her seat and leaded the girls out of her room, making their way to their class. She knocked on a classroom door, drawing attention from the students and teachers in it.

"Good morning Mrs Norris" The students greeted her.

"Yes, yes, good morning students. Have a seat"

"Excuse me, Miss Marshall. May I have a word with you outside?"

"Oh Mrs Norris, how may I help you?" A blonde woman wearing a light pink shirt and black skirt walked towards them with Mrs Norris, outside of the class.

"Miss Marshall, these are the two girls that I have mentioned earlier. This is Ayla and Hayley" Mrs Norris introduced them two.

"Oh what lovely girls you are. I'm Miss Marshall, your class teacher and also your physical education teacher. It's very nice to meet you both" Miss Marshall shook their hands.

"Nice to meet you too, Miss Marshall" Hayley said.

"I believe my work here is done. Good luck girls" Mrs Norris said as she walked away.

"Right, come on in and join the class" Miss Marshall said.

They two walked in, nervous as all eyes were on them.

"Class, these are your new classmates. Girls, would you mind introducing yourselves?"

"Right, hey y'all, I'm Ayla and this is my sister Hayley"

"Are you both twins?" A girl asked.

"Uh no, not really" Hayley answered.

"What are your last names?" Another girl asked.

"Helmsley"

"Lude"

Ayla and Hayley looked at each other. Uh oh.

"Uh, I mean uh, I'm Ayla Helmsley and this is my half sister Hayley Lude." Ayla managed to cover up. She didn't want to say Lude because she was afraid of anyone would recognize the last name. The Ludes were famous all around Texas. So she came up with the first last name she could ever think. Hopefully Hunter doesn't get mad on her.