Chapter 11

"Give it up"

"No can do"

"I said give it up"

"In you dreams" and with that, a kick to the the face, following a hard thud on the canvas. The leg was wrapped into a figure four leg lock, and a loud yell filled the gym.

"Alright alright" and Kev taps out. "You can let go now"

"But the ref haven't counted 1 2 3 yet?" Ayla asked, breaking the figure four leg lock.

"When someone taps out, you win by submission. You can win by a pinfall, submission, count outs or even a disqualification" Kev explain, rubbing his sore knee. Ayla nodded.

"Not bad, kid. You sure got talent in you. I bet Shawn will sure be impressed too"

Ayla walked over to the bench, adjusting her wrist wraps "Who's Shawn?"

"He's my best buddy. We grew up together in this business. He is one of the best wrestlers in the world. He is the reason kids nowadays want to be wrestlers. But he retired 5 years ago, so he's helping Hunter out at the performance center as coach." Kev gulped some water. Wrestling in his 50s against an active and talented 15 year old is very exhausting. Especially with his knee history.

Ayla looked up from her wrist. "Is he mean?" She asked out of the blue, causing Kev to choke on his water.

Ayla rushed to Kev, rubbing his back as she can't reach for his neck. He was too tall for her. She rubbed his back in circles, trying to sooth him. "I'm so sorry, Kev. Are you okay?"

"I'm okay" Kev coughed a little before calming down a little. He sat at the apron of the ring and took a deep breath. He looked at the girl in front of him who was looking at him full of concern before continuing. "I'm okay, really, just that thing was the weirdest thing I have ever heard" Kev laughed.

Ayla rolled her eyes. Here we go again. This man here has laughed a lot ever since she met him. Doesn't he ever get tired of laughing? And for the record, even Kev is surprised that he's laughed a lot for the past 2 days after such a depressing life that involved a knee injury and his son. Oh how much he missed his son right now.

Kev continued to laugh, patting hard on Ayla's back. Ayla winced at the pain but didn't budge. She didn't want to end this fun environment just yet.

"You didn't answer my question" Ayla sat beside Kev who was calming down a little.

"Alright alright" Kev cleared his throat. "But first, why do you think Shawn would be mean? I really gotta know" Kev asked.

"Well, Hunter was mean, and I thought Shawn would be too" Ayla bit her lip.

"Who Hunter? Well, he can be a bitch sometimes when he's angry, yes, but most of the time he is really nice actually. It's so unfortunate for your first meet to be when he is angry. He usually adores his fans" Kev said. The thought of Hunter's encounter with Ayla yesterday made Kev moody a little. The fact that he'd hurt her already bruised shoulder kinda pissed him off. He doesn't know why he's attached to the kid beside him, but he is and he's enjoying her company. It's been a while.

"I guess so" Ayla shrugged.

"And back to Shawn, Shawn is a totally cool guy. He's a total goofball. He can make the lamest jokes just to make you smile. I'm sure you'll like him. All children, loves him. Even my son loves him. Probably more than me" Kev chuckled at the last sentence. Well, Shawn is his son's godfather anyways. He'd always love to hang out with Shawn when he was younger. Just that Kev's son isn't himself nowadays and Kev isn't quite sure why.

Ayla smiled, a slight hint of relief.

Kev motioned for them to continue their workout session. They only had two days and they had to utilize their time we'll to prepare. He can't teach all of it, but just the basic rules would do.