Chapter 8

Hayley held Ayla's hand, giving her the strength to recall their painful past.

"Alright. As you all know, my name is Ayla. This is Hayley Lude. We are from a deep part of Houston, Texas. Her parents are mafias."  Ayla wasn't surprised when their expressions horrified. She knew they were gonna react that way.

"They are known as the Ludes. Originally, the Ludes are from Spain. The Ludes moved to the United States 3 generations ago as the Ludes were one of the most wanted family ever in Spain back then. The Ludes involved in drug supplying and human trafficking. No one ever leaves the Ludes territory unless they escort you out with special permission or so one as they were afraid of the exposure of their world. They can't go back to Spain nor can they live an openly exposed life in Houston as well. They were stuck in the middle. And the only way they made money was by selling drugs and selling girls off for prostitution. The people in the Ludes territory were made their slaves since the age of 10. Boys would become a drug dealer or a hitman or even a loan shark. The girls were made a drug deliverer at the age of 10 and sold of for prostitution at the age of 15." Ayla sucked up and gathered her courage to continue her story.

"We just turned 15 this year and we were on that list to be sold off for prostitution too. So we ran away from the Ludes territory. The men who you guys beat up last night were the Ludes' men. They somehow found us and started to kidnap us back to their territory" Ayla explained. It wasn't enough information though. She sighed as she heard Hayley sniffling, indicating that she was in tears.

When Ayla showed no sign of continuing her story, Kev broke the silence.

"So you told that Hayley's parents were the Ludes, meaning she's the boss's daughter. But why was she on the list as well? Why would the boss sell his own daughter for prostitution? And how are you both related? And how did you get all those bruises all over your body?" He shoots all the questions lingered in his head.

"As per tradition, the ancient Spanish mafias believes that the upraise and downfall of a mafia's empire, depends on the future heir of the leader. If a first born baby of the leader was born dead, it symbolizes the future destruction of the empire and so the leader should step down from his position as the leader of the mafias. So Hayley was initially declared dead when she was born. The Ludes have been the leaders of the Spanish mafias for 9 generations. The Ludes were greedy for the position of the leader of the mafias and refused to step down, so they kidnapped a baby from another state and wanted to pretend that the baby was their child. However, there was a miracle when Hayley suddenly came back to life, after the baby was kidnapped and brought into their custody. I have no idea how it happened, but in God's grace, Hayley was alive. She just came back to life, meaning that the baby they had kidnapped almost exposed their fraud and was now nothing but a burden. They can't even kill the baby, both the babies to be exact, because the ancient belief says that killing a baby will also mark the end of the leader's empire" Ayla said, not even a single tear formed, compared to Hayley who was already crying out loud on Ayla's lap. Ayla caressed Hayley's bare arm, soothing her.

The four men heard each and every word of Ayla tentatively. Kane held Hayley's shivering arm, trying to calm her down

"So the baby whom they kidnapped when they found out Hayley was initially dead, is you?" Kev asked and Ayla nodded. 

"That's correct" She said.

Kev nodded. He'd wanna ask more, but he figured that it was enough for the day and just let the conversation end there. He signaled Taker, Kane and Rikishi to drop the subject and they all nodded in agreement. They didn't wanna pressure her any further for now.

Taker on the other hands was amused at how calm Ayla was. Not one single shed of tear nor did her voice even break. Not one bit. She was steady as hell, compared to Hayley who had a heart of a tissue paper. The way she was able to keep eye contact while telling her painful life story, although it wasn't complete, made him feel even curious to know more about her. The signal that Kevin sent, held him back from asking any further. How on earth does she have all the strength, physically and mentally? He was resisting the urge to ask her more.