Chapter 62

"You ready, Shawn?" Hunter asked.

Shawn sighed, adjusting his wrist tape. He looked up at the mirror, looking at an image that he'd never think he'd see again. The black cropped jacket went perfectly with the black chaps. Oh how much he missed wearing these chaps. The NXT symbols at the back of his waist and also the back of the jacket made him proud of wearing it. Especially when he is one of the producers of it.

"I guess so" Shawn said as he looked at Hunter through the mirror.

Hunter walked towards the mirror, standing behind his best buddy, an arm around his shoulders.

"You can do this, alright?" Hunter comforted, patting Shawn by the shoulder. 

Shawn nodded with a heavy sigh. He looked down at his feet, trying to talk some sense into himself.

Hunter wrapped his arms around Shawn from the back. He knows how unsure Shawn is of doing this. Shawn was finally returning into the ring after 8 years of retirement. 8 FREAKING YEARS! It wasn't easy to convince Shawn to come out of retirement and put on one more show. He did eventually agree at last but trust me, the process wasn't easy. Shawn is one stubborn old man. 

But he couldn't blame Shawn either. Shawn was afraid actually. This wasn't the first time a wrestler had came out of retirement after so many years. But most of them all received the same reaction when they had a return match: Crickets. Silence. No reaction. The crowd would be hyped but only for a matter of seconds. Through out the match, they wouldn't receive much reaction which is what worries Shawn. He didn't want to tarnish the great career he's had before. He didn't want to receive crickets because it'll kill him then and there.

Hunter tighten his arms around Shawn, slightly lifting him off the ground and jiggling him to enlighten the tensed situation. Shawn giggled at his best friend's effort to make him less tensed. He held Hunter's arms wrapped around his neck, giving a small smile through the mirror. He nodded at Hunter and bopped his head lightly onto Hunter's to which Hunter responded with a light peck on his temples.

"You guys ready?" Ayla asked, peaking a little through the door with Kaia in her arms.

"We're ready, kiddo" Hunter answered, breaking the bro hug. He helped Shawn wear his scarf around his nose, a skull design at the front. He adjusted Shawn's hat before adjusting his own customized NXT elbow pads. Shawn handed Hunter a few DX green glow sticks before tucking a few into his own pockets.

"Good luck out there, Shawn. Break a leg" Ayla gave Shawn a side hug, patting him by the waist.

"Pray that I don't break my legs for real" Shawn joked, making the girls to giggle. 

"You'll be fine, Shawn" Ayla comforted. 

"No good luck for me?" Hunter extended his arms. 

Ayla shook her head and went in anyways. She rested her head briefly on Hunter's chest, patting his lower back before pulling away. " You guys do good out there, okay?" Ayla rubbed Hunter's arm.

"Sure will, kiddo." Hunter ruffled Ayla's hair and patted Kaia's cheek before a techie came and told them they were up next. Hunter and Shawn made their way towards the gorilla with Ayla and Kaia following close behind. Taker and Kane were already there. That's right, its gonna be The Undertaker and Kane vs Shawn Michaels and Triple H. D-Generation X vs Brothers of Destruction. It was a history in making.

"Alright boys, you guys are up first" Linda came up with a checklist in her hand. That's right, Linda is here. After so many years, she's finally came to handle one more event alongside Vince and Stephanie. Most of the time she'd be working with the government. For this one time, Vince actually managed to talk Linda into producing it.