Chapter 43

Ayla walked out of the WWE Headquarters, heading towards the park right beside the building. She sat on a bench under a tree as she dialed a number she didn't think she'd call. In a few rings, she heard a familiar voice on the other side.

"Hello, who's this?" Dolph said.

"Dolph?" Ayla called out.

There was a silence for a moment. Dolph paused as he heard the voice. The voice he'd missed.

"Ayla?" Dolph called out, making sure his ears weren't wrong.

"Yeah, it's me" Ayla smiled.

"Ayla, wow Ayla, I uh, huh, uh, I uh, h-h-how you doing?" Dolph smiled as he huffed in excitement.

"I'm great, Dolph. And you?" Ayla chuckled.

"I'm good, good, yeah. Uh" Dolph said.

"What's wrong? You seem a little nervous?" Ayla asked.

"No, no, just uh, I wasn't expecting you'd call" Dolph said. Truly, he hadn't.

Ayla giggled. "Why not? You're my friend. Of course I'd call you"

Dolph smiled, although he knew she couldn't see it. "Right. So what's up?"

"Hey, Dolph, uh, I wanted to ask you something" Ayla begin.

"Anything, anything. What's up?" Dolph asked.

Ayla bit her lip. She didn't know how to begin. She doesn't really know how to chase around the bush. She is more of a straight forward person.

"Ayla, whatever it is, just shoot it. You know I'll do anything for you" Dolph said when he heard nothing but silence on the other side.

Ayla sighed. "Right. But this time it isn't for me. It's for you"

"For me? What do you mean?"

"Uh, well you see Dolph, uh... Can you come back to WWE?" Ayla managed to get it out of her chest.

Silence occupied the phone call.

This wasn't exactly what Dolph was expecting from Ayla. He'd do anything for her, it's true, but going back to WWE? He wasn't really sure. It involves more than just his dreams, its his dignity. He was afraid he'd be bitched and mourned at like they all used to. Not many people know how much he'd changed over the past few years and going back there will do no good.

"Dolph?" Ayla called out.

"Uh? Uh, yeah, uh... I mean uh...Ayla, gosh" Dolph sighed.

"Whatever it is, you can tell me, Dolph. You know I'll listen" Ayla convinced. She needs to know what is on his mind.

"I know, Ayla. It's just that, I don't think I can" Dolph finally got his words out.

Ayla sighed quietly. She knew this wasn't gonna be easy. "Why not?"

"I don't think people over there would like to have me back"

"Why is that so?"

"Because I was a dumbass back then. I wasn't the one that everyone liked. People hated me there. Everyone." Dolph felt his eyes getting warm.

"But that was before"

"I know, just.. I have changed a lot for the past few years"

"Yeah, I know, Dolph. That's why I want you to come back"

"You don't get it, Ayla. If I go back there, people are gonna judge me for who I was back then and they will never accept the new me. They will remember me for the old me. They will never accept me" Dolph said as a tear dropped down to his cheek. He was trying his best to not give Ayla a hint that he was crying.