08. Time to catch up with things

𝓚𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑙

"Take care kitten,"

"Call me if you want anything,"

These two statements made me genuinely smile and I say, "Damon, Rafael, no matter how much you irritate me, at the end of the day you are just two adorable teddy bears." I swear, the way their faces together makes a pouty face, I couldn't resist but jump to give them a tight hug which they whole heartedly return.

I step in the house, inhaling the very familiar scent that usually oozes out of my home. I lock the door and sigh. I miss the days when I'll return back from school and my mom would cook delicacies for me, my brother would annoy me and dad will ask how my day went. Shockingly I even miss my mom yelling at me for obvious reasons.

I gulp the water down which rushes through my throat and then further down. No sooner I lay on the couch taking my medicines, the door bell rings. "Who the hell is at my door at this hour" I thought. My first instinct was to not bother to get up and answer who is there but nevertheless I did.

I was flabbergasted to see two tall figures standing at my door, "Stephen, Anya?" As soon as I say, they both lunge themselves at me resulting in me to bend backwards a bit naturally. I hug them back, "guys?"

"Hush up!"
Why are they so mad?

"Guys you're choking me," I declare.

"That's what you deserve," Anya gives another example that this bitch can be hella sarcastic some times.

"Finally," I cover my chest with my palm taking short quickened breaths and I know I am over reacting. I look at them as they smile wide, "missed me huh?"

"Very!"
Not my friends being absolute adorable for once.

All of us sit down on the couch and their faces turn into a relaxed state. But thinking that they wouldn't ask me any questions, wasn't right because the very next minute their faces turn dead serious as they demand an explanation, "we need to know." Dear lord how do I tell them what is happening when I'm not certain myself.

"Okay heads up, this might seem surreal but," I trail off telling them whatever I feel they should know, about the 'huge' organisation that is behind me because apparently I'm a key to a safe. Does this even sound feasible? I'm key to safe which I didn't even hear of ever. And why me? I don't even know. The feeling of anxiety rushes in my blood once again which I suppressed till now.

"Komal?"

"Bitch?"

"Komal!"

I snap back to reality, a harsh one. I sigh when both of them holds my hand and give it a gentle reassuring squeeze, "Komal, no matter what we are here for you." I smile, I fucking smile being grateful for having such supportive friends.

"Okay enough melodrama, what's up with you two?" I say to which they shake their heads. I can clearly read the "nervousness" painted all of their faces.

"Huh?"

"Don't even try, Anya. It's time to catch up with everything I missed, fess up."
Both of them look down, then exchange glances.