04. Gunshots

𝓚𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑙

"Quanto tempo?" I look at him puzzled not having any idea what he meant.

"What?"

He looks at me amused and moves his free hand pointing to his other hand holding the phone near his ear telling me that he addressed someone on the phone in some foreign language.
My senses for sure are taking a deep slumber. Nodding at him, I divert my attention from him to the night sky and city lights.
Thoughts and thoughts storming my mind.

I could hear the footsteps and him standing right beside me at the edge of the hospital bed. Anytime else, I would have looked at him, admired his features but I had my eyes fixed on the floor this time just like a child who has done something wrong.

"Look at me." I couldn't help but obey the sternness in his order carrying a little amount of softness. Just a little. "Speak your mind."

"That day," I look sternly at him and continue, "It was Jiyad, my dad's co-worker and he was saying something about a contract, bracelets, sapphire, and that when dad was coming to New York he..." the look on his face asks me to continue. "And that's when the car got crashed and Jiyad couldn't tell me anything except for 'A big tsunami of trouble is waiting for you' and that's it." I quote Jiyad's words as it is as he attentively listens.

"And I guess he died in front of me," I tell him and he looks at me amused. "It is certain you are not worried about the guy who died, are you?"

"Nah, of course not."

He shakes his head a bit and asserts, "Komal." I could see the slight twitch in his lips.

"You see, a girl who can kill someone wouldn't be affected seeing anyone die in front of her let alone be bothered about it." A smirk spreads my face as he raises his royal brow. I fold my legs and looking at him utters, "Whatever Jiyad said bounced over my head." Even though I could figure out a bit from what Jiyad told me, I don't want to interpret everything wrong. Maybe Mr. Jones has something more to tell me, and knows more than Jiyad?

"I know."

"Speaking of which, tell me something." It came out as an order than a request.

You are behaving like your crush.

"Go ahead." He says and I ask the question which I had in my mind for a very long time, "How do you know about 'Kate Stone'?" But before he could speak anything, I add further. "You know stuff regarding me more than I myself do. You know about Kate Stone, and it's obvious that you know I killed someone. You above all know my secret which I never myself told anyone. How exactly?" I meet the whirlpools of his and boldly question, "Who are you, Sebastian Jones?"

He smiles at my curiousness. He fucking smiled. This Devil smiled-

"He's your professor."

"No, He's a Satan."

"That'd be me." I laugh at his response.

"So you accept that you are a Satan reincarnated?"

"Am I not?" He leans down closer to my face lifts my chin up slightly making me hold my breath. But then he speaks, "Eavesdropping on someone is not a good habit, Damon." His eyes connected with mine while his words directed to Damon.

"Why did you had to ruin it like this?" I turn around as Damon steps inside opening the door wide. I see Rafael standing beside him with a grin on his face. "Were you going to kiss her?" His eyes sparkle with mischief.

"How is that your business?" I choke at the reply and abruptly look at the fallen demon in horror. If they were here they would have heard our conversation and my secret wouldn't be a secret anymore.