05. Revealed secrets

𝓚𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑙

I look at him terrified while my brain is busy trying to recall if I actually heard the sound of guns recoiling or I'm hallucinating. Then, the deafening sound of rambling of guns is heard again three times and at the moment I know that I'm not imagining things.

As the natural human instinct works, I whip my head backwards trying to spot the source of these sounds but nothing comes into view as the whole road is clear. If it had been any other situation where I were living a completely normal life, I would be scared to death. But since my life has turned east to west quiet quick and uncertain, I am not that shocked. Though scared because I've never been in this kind of sitch ever.

"Did you fucking hear that?" I ask, my voice laced with evitable panic. How uncertain of a man to remain calm in any treacherous situations, yet here in front of me is the person who holds the capacity to maintain his solid, ice cold yet calm demeanour. He flashes me half smirk-half smile look and then says, "Are you taking about the gunshots?" Certainly the most obvious question that anyone could ask. Note the sarcasm.

"What else?"

"Relax Komal," I swear, this person can effortlessly get on my nerves.

"I'll kill you-"

As soon as I stop screaming he puts the gear in reverse, and drives it back.

"Read it." He says pointing to something outside the car window. Any order leaving his mouth and you're obliged to obey, willingly or unwillingly. And so do I.

I lean try to get a better look at what he is pointing at and see a hoarding. "Pioneer shooting... oh shit!" I read it and bite my tongue. I forget that there's this shooting center and most definitely the voice of gunshots were coming from there. I sink back in my seat, sealing my lips shut.

"Now keep your mouth shut for the rest of the ride." An arrogant remark was all he made before driving off to god knows where. For the next five minutes I sit quietly, not uttering a word. Had it been someone else I would have handled their arrogant ass a long time before, but to my utter dismay it is him. The only one who has the power to make me do things against my will and get his way out of everything convinently. Few months before I was the kind of girl who would proudly claim that no one in this world swept me off my feat. But then, there entered this Satan himself to show me my place.

After handling with the utter silence for two ministers more, I've had enough.
My hands travel to the radio just to switch it on earning glares from the oh so lovely Sebastian Jones. The melody played and it was a song I couldn't recognise but the rhythm is an example of pure perfection. This song definitely is in Spanish.

If looks could kill, I would be dead by now. Taking it as a clue that I'm just a step away from crossing the demarcation of limits which might give rise to his dicey nature, I say "Fine, turning it off." As soon as I was about to turn off the radio, he opens his mouth and says something that ceased my actions.

"Let it play."
The sun rose from west today, I thought. But evidently it wasn't. Satan himself asked me to not turn off the radio.

"How am I hearing this from your mouth?" I question bluntly whose answer I never got but a simple stare and he diverted his gaze back to the road. Might be an illusion, but his eyes seem to tell thousands of unheard stories which is beyond what I could read, a foreign language.