Chapter- Four

MACKENZIE

The next morning, Quinn and i loaded our stuff into my car as we decided to take my car on the trip. Because she lend her car to her friend who was in need.

While i calculated the time and distance for us to reach our destination and the money we need for fuel, Quinn was busy making breakfast for us and packing some other food into lunch boxes for us to eat on the way instead of buying junk on the way.

We started our journey at around 11 am in the morning, though we were supposed to leave by 10, but Quinn being a chef had to make different and time taking food for us.

I wasn't complaining. I love the food she makes and I was getting to eat it after so long.

It's just that i was punctual in all aspects of my life. But i do adjust myself to the situation, like today. Not every decision and idea you have goes that way you planned. So a person should have a flexible personality to try to fit in every possible situation, in order to live a comfortable and peaceful life.

That's my principle of life.

Well, Quinn was in charge of songs in which i didn't have a say at all. I let her do what ever she liked for a while.

Quinn had me entertained with funny encounters which she had with her clients. The two long hour drive came to a skid halt when i found we were running out of fuel. Gps couldn't find any fuel station near by.

"How about now?," i asked desperately, my fingers tightening on the starring wheel.

"No Mackenzie. There is no fuel station within the radius," Quinn said, annoyed with the situation.

"What do we do now?," she asked, being desperate as well.

Taking several turns, i came across an uneven and rough road. My gut feeling was telling me something was off. The desperation overcame and made me ignore the bad feeling. Sighing with relief, i saw a board sign of the fuel station.

Quinn who had been sitting straight like a statue finally relaxed and leaned back into her seat.

"Phew! It got me for real," Quinn exclaimed and let out a nervous laugh.

Turning right to enter the station, i stopped the car near one of the fuel dispenser and got out off the car as it was self service. I stretched my cramped up limbs to relax them. Quinn also followed me out of the car and punched the amount of litre we needed on the screen of the fuel dispenser. Putting the fuel nozzle in petrol tank, i looked around the station and found a mart. Quinn happily walk-jumped towards it, while i put the nozzle back into the dispenser and closed the lid of car tank. Rolling my eyes at Quinn, that fool didn't take the wallet from me and just ran to the mart. Dragging my feet to the mart, i found her walk from one stall from another, through the exterior of the mart, which had glass walls.

The door jingled with bells as i opened the it and stepped inside. The man behind counter was almost in the state of sleeping, i walked past him to find the fool. I looked around the stalls and picked up some junk on the way. Finally as expected i found her drooling over the chocolate stall. Suddenly want to annoy her, i tip toed towards her as her back was towards me. Standing beside her, i flicked my finger on her head and heard the sound which i was expecting , fully satisfying me.

You thought i was boring?

"Ahh! What the heck!?," she screeched with high pitched sound and flailing her arms around.

I met her glaring eyes as she turned around only for me to stick my tongue out at her.

"Hurry up," i backed up while speaking then running away knowing Quinn will pinch me if i didn't get away on time.

BETAजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें