Chapter- Three

MACKENZIE

I was lost in my own thoughts as i stared out of mirror wall while rotating my nose pin. It kind of gives me a sense of calmness.
Weird, right? But it was true.

I had been working non stop since the day i got the new project. I want to impress Mr. Roman and Jack. I have been so busy to meet Quinn who herself was tangled in her business. Quinn is one of top class chefs in the city, so she is assigned to do cooking classes for two weeks. Both of our schedule was packed to even hang out.

The weeks passed by in a blur before i knew i was done with my part of project and now it was Jack's time to do his part. I took a breather as i signed the papers.

"You need to rest. You are worn out," My assistant said, probably looking at my crinkled clothes and racoon eyes.

My short hair were roughly tied back in a pony which was useless as half of my hair was hanging around my face.
"Yes. I badly need a good sleep and one week vacation to release all the bottled up tension," i told her weakly. A yawn came making my eyes teared up.

That's how much i was tired.

"Take good care of yourself Maam," she left the room after wishing me good bye.
I relaxed back in my seat and closed my eyes. Wrapping my arms around my chest as i felt myself been drawn to take a nap. In no time, i was in my own world.

Ring Ring Grrrr Grrrr.

The ringing and the vibration of mobile pulled me back to my present. Blinking slowly, i picked up the phone and placed it on my ear.

"Hello?," my voice came out as a whisper.

"Hi! Why do you sound like a dead fish?" Quinn's curious voice reached my ears.

"Because i have been working day and night for the past three weeks, " i sighed in the end.

"Yeah i heard from Lauren. So to ease all tension that been build up inside of you, i have an amazing plan!," Her voice broke in between from the bouts of excitement radiating through her.

I could never imagine myself being this energetic.

"Keep on going. Why do you stop in between!?," i grinded my teeth at her.

"TO look for your curious response but i never get it," she whined and i could picture her pouting in my mind.

"I guess you forgot the last time i got excited over your question and in return i was forced to hear your useless joke, Quinn. It's not happening anytime soon," i told her with no expression on my face knowing she couldn't see me.

"IT WAS ONE TIME MACKENZIE! ONE TIME!," now it was her turn to bite back her tongue.

"Okay Okay. So tell me about this 'amazing plan', I asked her to stop her from whining.

"So the plan is that we are going on two week vacation to the beach, where we will be joined by our other friends," she explained," she explained having an enthusiastic tone.

"Hmm. Sounds good," i liked the idea and felt my lips moving up in excitement.

"Yohoo! Finally you sounded a little excited," She said , probably trying to tease me but i didn't budge.

"I will text you the details in a few. Have to go now, i am needed in kitchen. Bye!," Chef Quinn bid her byes and leaving me in the thoughts of the upcoming trip.

I love going to trips, especially if it includes long drives!

It took me an hour to make a schedule for when i come back, sending the mail to my assistant. Assembled my table and look after the mails that were pending, i was finally done with my work.