Chapter 10: The Dive

Start from the beginning

Himeko: Coms check, can everybody hear me?

The major called out to everyone on their coms device.

Kiana: Loud and clear!

Fu Hua: Affirmative

Akiri: I hear you

Each one of them gave a firm answer.

Himeko: Right. Make sure to monitor your oxygen levels regularly. And try not to use your propulsion jets unless absolutely necessary

Akiri: Copy that

They continued to slowly sink downwards. Kiana saw the colourful undersea wildlife and was entranced by it.

Kiana: Woah! So it's so pretty! I wonder if we'll see any monsters down here?

Akiri: Don't jinx it

A few moments later, they've seemingly reached the bottom as their feet had touched the seabed.

Kiana: Where's the cave?

Fu Hua: The readings indicated that it's at a deeper point than this

Himeko: Let's try following the traces of Honkai energy. Down here

They made their way down a ledge and they saw that their surroundings are gradually getting darker as they went deeper down the ocean.

Akiri: We're going pretty deep. You sure these suits can handle the pressure?

Himeko: Positive. They're specially made to withstand the toughest underwater conditions

As they continued their descent, Akiri then notices what he thinks to be faint light further in the distance and he narrowed his eyes at it.

Akiri: Guys, do you see that?

Kiana: See what?

Kiana and the others looked towards where he is pointing. The object seems to be getting closer, and a moment later, they saw that it was actually multiple things coming straight at them.

Kiana: Wh-what are those?!

It was revealed to be a swarm of shark-like Honkai beasts, swimming towards them at top speed

Himeko: Curse you and your big mouth, Kiana!

Akiri: Honkai beasts! A whole swarm of them!

Himeko: Let's get out of here! Activate your propulsion jets!

The thrusters on their backs started to emit a low hum as a blue glow came out from the exhausts. A brief second later, they were launched upwards, accelerating away from the pursuing Honkai beasts.

Kiana: Are all the fish here corrupted by Honkai energy?

Fu Hua: At this rate, we'll run out of fuel for the jets. They'll catch up to us