Chapter - 69 | Unwavering Faith Shattered

Start from the beginning

In other words, his recollection of his usual arguments with her were affecting him. It made him angry that he often misbehaved with her because of her Aastha Mam, as a result of which she wasn't as open with him as she was with Ahir. It made him feel like a failure as a professor and as a person too.

In actuality, the anger brewing within him was for himself for not being able to act normally with her, and it was being directed indirectly towards Anokhi and Ahir, unbeknownst to his own self.

His own anxiety was turning into a rage directed at Anokhi and ACP Ahir because the way Ahir, who was a complete stranger to her, spoke to her was something he had never done, despite knowing her for longer than Ahir.

At this point, his mind had completely boiled over. He was trying hard to calm himself down, but to his dismay, he heard a person's voice who he wasn't expecting, because he knew his rage would erupt at any moment.

"Shaurya Sir...", said the voice.

He stiffened, not wanting to anything to her right now.

"Kya hua Sir ?... Aap achaanak se vha se kyu chale aaye ? ...", Anokhi said as she approached him.

He tossed the book on the table and walked away, completely ignoring her.

She followed him behind not getting any response.

"Peon se poochha toh unhone kaha ki aap library mein ho..."

He paid no attention to her and pretended to be looking for a book in the shelf.

"Sir kuch hua kya ?... Matlab kisi bhi baat ka bura lga aapko ?..."

Her question had finally worn him down. He lost his cool when she asked him that question because she herself was the source of his distress.

"Yeh faaltu ka concerns dikhaana band karo...", he finally spoke up, turning to face her.

"Main tumhaare "scam" mein aane vaala nhi hoon...", he said harshly as he approached the table.

"Scam ?...", Anokhi's eyebrows scrunched.

"Kaisa scam Sir ?... Maine kiya kya hai ?...", she was all confused and continued to follow him behind.

"Sir mujhe samajh-..."

He came to a halt and turned around to face her with a wrathful expression.

"Please...", he said, his voice intense.

"Mujhe tumse koi baat nhi karni..."

"So just leave... Okay ? ..."

"Go... Out of here...", he said and walked over to another shelf.

"Achaanak se inhe kya ho gaya ?...", she mumbled to herself.

"Itne time se toh achchebhale the... Mere bina kahe police station jaake...", she trailed off.

"Aur ab aise kyu behave kar rhe hai yeh ?...", she wondered.

She walked over to him saying, "Sir main toh bas aapko thank you bolne-..."

"Thank you ?...", he exclaimed, surprised.

"Thank you bolne aayi thi tum..."

"Mujhe ??..."

"Really ??...", he asked, astonished.