22. I have always liked you.

CHAPTER 22.

EMMA P.O.V.

We both turn our heads towards Elroy.
He stood there,looking handsome as ever with his tousle hair,white t-shirt and his hands dip in his black sweat pockets staring back at us.
I don't know if he has been there for sometime or he just walked in.

"There you are buddy,you finally decided to come out of your habitat." Dexter stands up and i mirror his action only for me to take the sofa. "Anyway,i was just leaving,i need to be somewhere....."

"That is what you told me,an hour ago."

"I did?" he asks him,staring into space confused,as if trying to remember if he really said that to him.I can not help but laugh at his acting skills.I have just spent an hour with Dex and he is really fun.

He is so friendly and he can talk a lot.

We played chess and went through an album,making jokes.

I was a little surprised to see myself on a couple of pictures but Dexter explained that considering my uncle was good at 'networking' .....

And he can be very corny at times.

Mr.Alasdair only stared back at him not before he rolled his eyes.Probably so used to Dexter.

"Ok,i will just be going now" .Turning towards me he waves."Was nice hanging with you,see you later. Leprechaun."

"Bye Dexter."

"I thought you were still asleep,so i kept myself busy in the study." he says,stretching out his right arm towards me.
Taking his hand,he pulls me up to my feet from my seating position.

"I got up like an hour ago,came downstairs and found Dexter,so we hung a little.He said that he had just got here and that he never bothered to talk to you because he did not want to disturb you...something like that."

"And you bought that from him?" he asks,laughing.Obviously Dexter was lying to me.I shrug my shoulder at that.I mean,i believed him,from how serious he had put it.

"Come with me.."

"To where?" i follow him as he leads us to his study.I have cleaned this place so many times but never had a chance to scan through it.

"I have something for you." Smiling ear to ear,he lets go of my hand,my hands suddenly becoming cold at that.
He walks to the huge mahogany desk,pulling a drawer before pushing it back.
He walks back towards me,a velvet jewellery case on his hands.

He opens it,revealing a shiny silver necklace.

Lifting it out of its case,its shiny piece of diamond attached to it glitters to my eyes.

"I bought this for you..you like it..."

"No." I tell him,pushing his hands away from me.

"No?" his cute smile disappears from his face,replaced with a frown. "If you...don't like...it...we can...change,is it the stone...you can choose another one of your liking.I am sorry Emma,i thought you would like..."

"No,that is not it Elroy.That is not what i meant.I..its very beautiful,i just don't think i can accept that.And looks too expensive for me...i just cannot accept it." His smile does not appear but he seem relaxed.

"Nothing is too expensive for you.I chose this one specially for you,so just accept it.please.My lucky charm." and i quickly regretted looking back at his puppy eyes.

"You are not to do that again..."

"Ok" he replies quickly,his enchanting smile back to his lips.I rise an eyebrow towards him,noticing that,he  places a quick peck on my cheek.