20. "Let us not wake up from this."

CHAPTER 20.

EMMA POV

After taking a shower,i wore one of Elroy's shirt that he handed it to me as he went on to take a shower.I sat on the fluffy mattress that he had set near the fireplace sipping on the cup of coco he had made me.

It was so quiet,sound of the burning woods and running water from the shower heard in the carbine.
It was obvious he had almost too much to drink,his breath had a tint of alcohol/wine.I even wonder how he managed to get us here safe and sound.

Would he even remember all this come morning?

Why did i even not think twice before tagging along with him.

Well that is the effect he has on me,when i am around him,my mind seems to shut down on me and i get lost somewhere.

For all i know,this could all be just a dream.A dream that i wish not to wake up from.

Roaming my eyes around the room,my eyes land on a book? no an album under a coffee table.I glance at the bathroom door before reaching for the album.I am not surprised as Mr.Alasdair had mention earlier on that his granny had bought this cabin for him and he has always come here whenever he wanted to shut off the world.
Well ,it is a nice cozy place,i myself would not think twice if i had this.Or well,if i had no bills to pay.rolls eyes.

I must have been so engrossed on the pictures in the album that i did not hear him come out of the bathroom.

The side of the mattress dippen as he got under the quilts next to me,and just like other times,my heart beat increase at his presence,i place the album on the side turning towards him,he wore a pair of gray sweats with a white tee that hugged his upper body,tracing all his body muscles that seem to be in the right places beneath.Obviously sculpt by his hours at the gym.

Looking back at him,his face plasterd with a smirk i couldn't help as my face went crimson,he obviously caught me staring.
I hear his dip chuckle,all sounding like music to my ears.Swiftly with one motion,he brings me to his lap,his hands round my waist as my hands fall around his neck.
Staring back at his enchanting eyes,i feel his hand as he tuck a strand of hair behind my ear,before falling at the back of my neck.
His eyes roaming around my face before falling on my lips.Leaning in,his lips find mine as he begin to kiss me.I kiss him back,feeling the rhapsody that is brought by the feel of his lips against mine.His hand move from the back of my neck as he begun to explore my body with so much explicit.
Shiver run through my whole body at his touch and his attempt of pulling me more closer to him,even though we are so close with no space in between us.Pulling away from the kiss,he presses his forehead against mine catching our breath,before placing a gentle kiss at the corner of my lips.

pushing his wet strands of hair away from his forehead,i run my hands through them.
How i have always dreamt of this moment,wondering how his hair would feel through my fingures,and now it just feels more like a dream.
Leaning inn,he buries his head at the crook of my neck.
He sniffs in before placing a wet kiss on my neck leaving tingles run through skin.

"You smell so good." he says,placing another lingering kiss on the same spot.
"Thank you." i tell him,almost unable to speak,from the effect he has on me from his little gestures.

His breathing was becoming even as he was now falling asleep.I manage to move from his lap and next to him.He lay back on the mattress bringing me with him,his hands never leaving my waist as he pulls me close to him as if i would evaporate into thin air if he let go.
"Emma.." he whispers on my name.Looking back at him,his eyes seemed heavy.
"Mmh.."
"Will you promise me something?"
"What." i ask him,as i reach and push strands of hair from his eyes.
"That you will still be hear with me when i wake up." he says,his voice little raspy and tired.He seem so different,the cold face replaced by calmness.Totally different from how i met and portrayed him at the company,from how people describe him.He seem so fragile,like a house of cards,one blow and he would go caving in.
"I promi...."
"Please don't leave me." he cuts me off,pulling me even closer,burying his head at the crook of my neck.All this has me even more confused,also wishing on the same thing.That,come morning,i will also wake up in his arms.
"I promise.I will be here" i tell him as my hands play with strands of his hair,and with that,he nuzzle on my neck as his breathing become even.