26. the perfect ending

Football Jock x Cheerleader AU
This is a part 2 to my oneshot "Your Perfect Sterotype" requested by @ezzzzyyyy
Dream successfully gets George's number, and they start talking. Both are oblivious that the other likes them, despite that they keep inviting each other to games and cheer events, and they keep hanging out besides that. All it takes is a few good streaks, however. [fluff]

CW// mild homophobia

George climbs into his mom's car, still giddy from his victory with the cute football player. 

"How was the game?" his mom asks. 

"It was good," he replies. "We lost though."

She tuts. "That's unfortunate."

He turns to the window and smiles secretively. "Eh," he mutters. "I don't mind losing one game." His mom just hums and turns up the radio.

...

The changing room is really loud. 

Though Dream expected as much when he simply told Sapnap that he got the male cheerleader's number. He should've known that it would have circulated the room faster than he could say "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious." 

"Who the man?" a teammate says, dancing up to him. Dream pulls on a bored expression. "You the man!!" The teammate punches Dream's bicep hard enough that Dream shifts away from him. 

"I am not 'the man'," he mutters, despite the fact that in his head, he keeps chanting "I'm the man." He's proud of himself, okay?

Sapnap scoffs. "Listen, I'm straight-"

"Not when it comes to Karl," Ben interuppts from the other bench.

"-and even I could tell the guy was hot," he finished, ignoring Ben's comment. Still, his cheeks turned a light shade of pink. 

A few boys laughs. "Everyone could tell," one boy says. "Dream scored a hottie."

"I don't even know if-" Dream starts.

"Straight boys don't cheer," someone cuts in. 

Dream shoots them a look. "They can," he snaps. "Just because a guy wears a skirt doesn't mean he's gay, okay?"

The boy raises is hands in surrender. "Sorry," he mumbles. "Don't have to get so defensive."

He scoffs. "Actually, I'd like to stand up for myself, thank you very much," he says. "Gay girls don't always play sports, straight boys don't always play sports, and people in between can do whatever the fuck they want. Everyone can."

Sapnap claps. "Yeah!" he cheers. "Fuck you, Derek."

The boy, Derek, frowns. "Sorry." This time, he sounds earnest. 

Dream and Sapnap walk out of the change room. The taller boy is a bit angry at his team mate, but it's not the end of the world.

His team knows he's unlabeled and likes who he likes. No one cares. It doesn't affect them -- especially after he reassured them that none of them appealed to him in any way besides as friends. Some of them took that as offensive. 

He just didn't expect them to be even slightly homophobic on front of him. 

"You good?" Sapnap asks gently. He looks up.

"Yeah," he says, nodding. "Sorry."

Sapnap chuckles. "No need to apologize," he replies. "If you wanna talk, I'm here."

Dream smiles. "Thanks."

"Of course," Sapnap says, grinning. "I'm your token straight friend!"

"At least when Karl's not around."