Ditching and Detention

This got deleted too-

After the Washington incident, Spider-Man popularity blew up around the school and possibly the country about his daring feat to save multiple people. Of course, since Circuit was on the inside of the monument, almost no one saw her and I was again, left in the shadows. I was not hurt though, since I was already an official Avenger and already popular. This was Spidey's chance to shine.

We walked through the hallway to meet Ned, surrounded by people freaking out about Spider-Man, even the news cast was doing whole ass segments about him.

"Up next: the Spider-Man mania is sweeping the school. How can you show your spider spirit?" I heard Betty on the news cast ask no one in particular as Ned scurried up beside us.

"Dude, dude, dude. What is it like being famous when nobody knows it's you?" He asked wide wide eyes at Peter and he half-hazardously looked over his shoulder to check if anyone was listening before leaning in.

"Crazy, dude," he grinned excitedly and I suppressed a smile at watching his giddiness.

"It's crazy. Should we tell everyone?" Ned asked and for a second, I thought he was joking until I saw his face.

"No," Peter replied, taken aback at his friend with wide eyes.

"Should I tell everyone?"

"No," I answered that time, giving him an annoyed look.

"No, dude. That's not a good idea," Peter said as we walked closer to class, or the exit which Peter and I were eyeing.

"Okay, come on, we'll be late to class," Ned reminded, walking ahead of us but we both stayed put with determination. Sure, it was stupid to skip class but when actual people were in danger I was not going to stand by and let it happen.

"I'm not going to class," Peter announced and I elbowed his side, hard, without looking at him making him wince. "We're not going to class," he corrected, gesturing strictly between only me and him and rubbed his probably bruised shoulder dramatically.

"You're already in trouble for ditching the decathlon," Ned tried to reason with him but Peter looked even more determined than before.

"Dude, listen, we figured it out. The wingsuit guy is stealing from Damage Control. What he takes from Damage Control, that's how he builds the weapons. So all we gotta do is catch him," Peter planned casually like it was easy to catch a flying, high-tech bird man with alien tech at his disposal.

"There was not that much to figure out; it was kind of obvious," I pointed out but he simply gave me a look.

"But we have a Spanish quiz," Ned argued pathetically, not exactly winning the argument.

"Ned, I'm probably never gonna come back here. Mr. Stark is moving the Avengers upstate... so when I bring this guy in..." Peter trailed off, letting his intentions go unsaid but it was pretty obvious what he meant from it. I stopped in my tracks, taken aback, and turned to him in confusion.

"That is your plan? After everything I told you, you still want to be an Avenger?" I interrogated him in disbelief at his idiocy but he did not seem that bothered by my words.

"You can choose not to come with me but I'd appreciate you being by my side," Peter reasoned genuinely making me open my mouth to argue but closed it, debating my options.

"Fine," I grumbled back begrudgingly, knowing there was no arguing with him but he would find out soon enough it was not that easy to just become an avenger, and walked to his side, trying to hide my flustered face at his words.