An Actress and An Aunt

What am I doing here again?

My head feels weird. Not bad. But weird.

Something about helping people?

Something about helping...Wanda and Vision?

Oh right, now I remember.

I stepped through the doorway of my brothers and sister-in-laws home, entering it without even a knock.

"Well geez, don't your little munchkins have some vocal cords! I could hear them from half a mile away but at least they helped me find your house better than last time," I laughed cheerfully as I referred to my last visit like an inside joke. Except I didn't get the joke. Didn't they just moved? No, no they've been here for at least nine months since they had kids. Right? I don't really remember.

"Hailey! Oh my goodness, I did not expect you to come popping up! Why are you here?" Wanda asked as she looked like she was about to...use magic over the babies cradles?

"Well I couldn't just miss my nephews birth! But it sounds like I was too late!" I joked causing the crowd to laugh enthusiastically. Wait, crowd? "Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?" Wanda asked innocently making me furrow my eyebrows but before I could think for any longer my brother joined us with binkies in his ears.

"That is not where those go!" Wanda scolds jokingly as Vision pulls out the binkies, staring at me.

"Hailey?"

"Hey, little bro. Long time, no see," I greet, grinning but he just looks shocked.

"Why are you here?"

"Why does everyone keep asking me that? Does an aunt need an excuse to see her adorable and loud nephews? And speaking of loud," I start, plucking the binkies out of Visions hands and stuck them in the babies mouthed, silencing them.

"Ooh..." Wanda whispered making my grin widen and Wanda and Vision look at me, impressed.

"Already the greatest aunt in the world!" I bragged quietly looking at my sleeping nephews.

"Look, I think it's..." As if on cue, the kids's binkies pop out of their mouth and they continue to wail.

"Geez Louise! Tough crowd..." I muttered. Geez Louise? What am I, fifty?

"Vis?" Wanda asked causing Vision to hum in reply.

"What are we doing wrong?"

"Oh, don't worry, dear. We'll figure it out. Perhaps we all need more time to get to know one another." As they talked I leaned over the wailing cradles and moved my hand over them with tiny sparks spitting out from my fingers, like fireworks, making the twins go silence in awe. They giggled, watching the blue electricity pop and crackle in the air as I felt Wanda and Vision watch me.

"Or maybe we just need some help," Wanda said as she looked at me.

"How did you do that?" Vis asked in disbelief looking at his giggling sons.

"Humans are so easy to distract, I thought tiny slobbering humans would be easier! And I was right like usual," I laughed causing the crowd of people to laugh again making my eyebrows furrow again. "You seriously can't hear that?"

"Hear what?" Vis asked with concern, staring at me as I stared back at him. I opened my mouth, thinking but closed it when I looked at Wanda. Something's wrong. This isn't right.

"Oh never mind! You know me, always paranoid!" I laughed it off with ease, creating another spark above the cradles without looking and heard...nothing. We all looked confused and looked over at the cradles but they were empty. We looked around in confusion.