Missiles and Bigger Messes

"ARE YOU INSANE?"

I yelled at the old creep that was Director Dickward who was staying true to his name. "You sent a freaking missile at literal children."

When I got sent back to Camp Insanity I was not welcomed with a welcome wagon but rather guns eagerly aimed at my head so excuse me for my language. And of course, Dickward would not listen to logic or reason but rather his own fragile human male ego.

"They aren't children, they're figments of Maximoff's imagination. I should lock you up for making us miss the one shot we had at our criminal, siding and helping an enemy target, and purposely obstructing law enforcement. Now if you excuse me..." Dickward argued, trying to walk faster to lose me but failed. I felt my eye twinge and the light above us flickered before popping out loudly making him stop and stare at me. I could have swore I saw a flash of fear in his eyes before he repositioned himself.

"'Law enforcement,' please! Don't make me laugh, that will not get you anywhere. You are lying through your teeth at me and I do not appreciate it. You know they are real but you refuse to admit it so you can keep the blood off your hands," I snapped making him narrow his eyes at me, side-eyeing me as he stomped faster. "This is not even about the hostages, is it?"

"What the hell are you even talking about?"

"You know exactly what I am talking about. If you actually cared about these innocent people the last thing you would do is endanger them by sending a missile at them at the slightest chance it wipes out Wanda. What if Wanda did her voodoo magic and points it at the town, completely obliterating hundreds of people? No sane person would ever even think about doing that. No, no, this is about something more, something you and this whole corrupted organization have wanted for years, decades even. Something that you have wanted to get your grubby little hands on since day one," I figured, glaring at him, and if I could pierce his skull with a look that would have done it.

"Now I wonder what that could be?" I asked in mockery causing him to stop and look at me with eyes narrowed even further with absolute disdain. He looked like he wanted to snap my neck right at that moment but did not want witnesses. "Oh, did I strike a nerve?"

"Hayward. Hayward!" Rambeau shouted from behind him causing him to continue stomping away from his problems and criticisms. Of course, that did not stop me or Rambeau to continue chasing him.

"You cut us off at the knees, sending in that missile," Rambeau exclaimed, walking behind him as I followed, eyeing her. Apparently, Wanda did not want any company including a S.W.O.R.D. worker. Good choice.

"Now we know who we're dealing with."

"Yeah, a person who does not want her and her children to be bombed. How monstrous," I commented, dripping with sarcasm as we entered the main room with the others.

"Hey, there he is. The guy who almost got murdered by his own murder squad," Darcy greeted causing me to snicker and Dickward glare at both of us.

"You work for me?"

"I actually don't know," Darcy answered fairly since they were never given any actual information.

"She's with me," Rambeau informed, stepping closer to Darcy in confirmation. I raised an eyebrow in surprise. Monica Rambeau, daughter of the woman who tried to ruin my life. I knew I shouldn't- should not hold grudges for peoples children since that would hypocritical since I am the daughter of a man who ruined many, many, many, many, lives but it was harder than I initially thought.

"I see. And which one of you is the sassy best friend?" My eyes widened at his comment as I balled my hand into a fist, trying not to bash his skull in. Again, incredibly hard.