Weirdness and Rage

I'm not going to be posting on Monday but don't worry it's going to be extra long on Friday :))

Pain. Blinding pain was erupting from my head but that was normal for me, especially when I thought particularly hard on a subject like how Beck finished three of the four elementals with such ease even though they destroyed his entire planet and when they had an entire army including Beck. Or how he never stayed on the topic of how he came here in the first place? Magic portal? Some kind of tech that he had conveniently in his pocket as his planet was being destroyed?

After Peter's incident, we finally arrived in Prague just in time for the carnival of lights but Peter and I would have to miss it for a deadly mission. Yay...

After getting to our very fancy, upgraded hotel, courtesy of Nicholas Joseph 'Asshole' Fury, Peter and I got sent earpieces for our mission. We put them on and arrived reluctantly at S.H.I.E.L.D.'s local hideaway.

What was laughable about that was the Avengers got called out for not respecting countries' borders and here a U.S. organization is, shockingly, not respecting countries' borders and setting up shop to boot. How unexpected and not at all like the U.S. government.

We all stood in a similar room from the Venice hideaway except slightly smaller but with all the same high tech equipment. Even with the smaller space for the meeting I made sure to stay as far away as I could from Beck.

Peter wore his new, substitute super suit that was painted all black and much more simpler than his normal spider suit but had the necessities. Goggles, mask, pockets that stored extra webbing, those sort of things.

Mine shared the same simple style of Peters with it painted all black and a belt, similar to the one on my usual suit, that stored extra batteries in case something happened. My jacket got ditched from the design and my upgraded mask got downgraded back to its normal, plasticky self. My iconic hood also got ditched because these losers have no taste- I mean because it was deemed "risky" and "unnecessary." And also because they have no taste, whoever 'they' are. Instead, 'they' opted for a biker-like helmet that hid my hair and my eyes from the wind when I flew.

Remind me to somehow add a retractable face shield to my hood.

"The Elementals will be here in a couple of hours so let's go over the plan, shall we?" Nicholas addressed the team before locking his eyes on Peter who was looking away, zoning out. "Parker!" He called, snapping Peter out of his thoughts.

"Yes, sir?" He breathed out, somehow managing to be polite at a time like this.

"That thing is going to be here in a few hours. Are we boring you?"

"Yes," I muttered and he locked angry eyes with me but before he could snap at me Beck spoke up.

"They're not bored. They're just thinking about how you kidnapped them," Beck countered from the other side of the room.

"He had obstacles. I removed them," Nicholas stated slowly so he could seem more intimidating.

"They still won't evacuate the city," Hill informed, putting down her phone after getting off the phone with one of the city officials which meant a lot more casualties. If the city was still doing the festival right in the middle of where the fire monster was going to appear it could be a catastrophe.

"Idiots," Nicholas grumbled at the news. "So, what's the plan, Parker?"

"I will be in the cathedral tower, keeping watch for the fire monster," Peter started.

"And I've got the roof in front of the Kaple svatého Kříže with my forcefield ready," I recited in boredom making everyone in the room glance at me. "What? That's what it's called," I defended as I felt my face heat up.