Holograms and Hallcinations

Back to Hailey's POV!

Beck.

As my mind started to clear, I sucked in a deep breath through my teeth as the pain started to subside, just enough for me to sit up and weakly stand up. I leaned on the nightstand next to my bed and hobbled to the door using the walls as a crutch.

I refused to die. I've gone too far in this story and I will not be a plot device and be fridged like Gwen Stacy. I refuse!

I slumped out my door and limped to Peter's closed-door urgently, suspecting he should be back by now. I needed to warn him about Beck. My head finally cleared, the buzz, the static was nearly gone and I remembered him. Quentin Beck, my fathers' old employee and inventor of the Binarily Augmented Retro Framing project who was fired for being a raging psychopath. Granted, his life's project was called B.A.R.F. but he was paid $75 an hour for 10 years and was paid a very, very grand bonus for inventing that so I think he could've pushed through the bitterness.

I heard rustling coming from inside and opened it, the electric lock immediately glitching at my charged touch and let me through.

"-can't believe I gave Beck those glasses. I mean, how could I be that stupid? He's probably spying on me right now or sending a drone to come and kill me," Peter mumbled as he ran through the room, closing the curtains and grabbing his suit. My mouth fell open and I pushed the door wide open revealing MJ and Peter turned around at the moment, not seeing me.

"You did WHAT?!" I shrieked making Peter and MJ look at me with wide eyes. Electricity shot out from my body making his lamp explode just like mine making MJ flinch wildly. I whipped my head towards the open door and kicked it shut, flailing my arms around in a struggle to successfully close the door. "You did what?!" I repeated with electricity still crackling around my body in uncontrollable anger, looking back and forth between MJ and Peter, figuring Peter revealed his identity to another person but that wasn't as important as him giving a weaponized intelligence system to a random guy he's known for a couple of days.

"Beck's  evil and I gave him Edith," Peter rushed out as he gripped his super suit in his hands and winced as he looked up at the look on my face which I assume was filled with rage, which I rightfully was. "And he might be coming to kill me. And you. And everyone else that knows about him faking the Elementals," he gulped as he took off his shirt and undid his belt to get his spider suit on.

"Oh my god, give a girl a warning first!" MJ cringed, shielding her eyes from his abs and binder making me huff at his lack of self-awareness.

"Sorry," he mumbled sheepishly as he kicked off his pants urgently, not wanting to waste time chatting and just standing around.

"I need to get a makeshift suit, my com- my fathers' arc reactor doesn't have my suit nano-particles in it," I shot at Peter passive-aggressively making him glance down at my ripped shirt with the arc reactor clear as day in my chest. He nodded as he gave me a sympathetic and guilty look but I ignored it and hurried to the door, opening it to reveal Ned with a raised fist, about to knock on the door.

His eyes widened as his eyes scanned the sight in front of him, Peter with a too big spider suit on, MJ shielding her eyes to preserve her lesbian innocence, and me who looked like death with a ripped shirt that exposed my corrupted chest and arc reactor.

"Ned, perfect," Peter smiled at the boy as he pressed the spider logo in the middle of his chest making his suit suck in and fit him perfectly.

"...The costume looks great... for the costume party, at the...prince's castle..." Ned lied as he shot freaked out glanced at MJ, not just assuming she probably already figured it out.